How did I get so far behind! I was looking through all of our pictures, and I realized I have not been keeping my blog up to date. We have been busy and having so much fun. This year for Halloween I had the motivation and inspiration to make Olivia's costume. It has never really been important to me that Olivia or any child I have for that matter has a homemade costume, but I really enjoyed doing it, and I hope I can keep it up from year to year!
My friend, Karina, sent me the idea, and it was really something I was able to pull off. I'm not much of a sewer, but I'm getting much better with crafts and I actually enjoy it for the most part.
Cookie Monster was adorable!!! Olivia really liked the costume, too, which was one of my biggest worries. We didn't want the novelty of the costume to wear off before Halloween, so she only tried it on once. She got to wear it in the school Halloween parade and then again for trick-or-treating in Gammie's neighborhood on Halloween night.
The school Halloween parade was the cutest thing, EVER. I'm already looking forward to it, again! All of the classrooms dress up and then walk into the gym and sort of just parade around. The parents are sitting on the sides of the gym, and in the bleachers. I was on the floor, and Olivia saw me a few times and wanted to come stand with me, next time I will try to stay out of few.
Silly cookie monster, and daze Buzz Lightyear, and a tired fire fighter.
Olivia was happy as a clam and really didn't even eat or want to eat that much candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment