Where, oh where has time gone? The last time I updated this at one time beloved blog of mine my child turned 18 months. Life has been happening so quickly these days and now that the holiday season is almost upon us again I know time will fly, and in 2 very short months my lovely and beautiful and smart and funny daughter will be 2 years old.
I am trying to squeeze so much into our time together that I'm often left with very little time to sit and write about our wonderful jammed packed days.
My hopes though are for Olivia to one day look back and read this blog and know how much she makes our hearts happy. Olivia knows how to make us laugh that's for sure. Today I was relaying a story that Ms. Reagan told me about Olivia's day to Dave, and Olivia was hanging on every word because she knew we were chatting about her. We both looked over her after I finished the story and she had the biggest grin and smug look on her face. We love how much she is really forming a silly little personality. The story was how Olivia has learned who to go to for what between her three teachers based on their personalities. Reagan said that it was obvious that Olivia now knows that Ms. Ashley is the softie, and tends to gravitate towards Ashley when wanting something special. Manipulative, yes. Pretty gosh darn bright, too, so I will take it.
Anyways, I really can go on and on. One of my other favorite times with Olivia is bath time. She is so soothed by the water, and loves to play with her tub crayons, and Dora loofah, shaving cream and cups. We get some good chatting done during bath time, and singing and counting and letters. Lately it's been hard to get Olivia to get out of the bath. I don't even know really how it started but I started wrapping her up in her towel and calling her my little koala bear. She loves it. She looks forward to pretending to be a koala, and will stay in character long after her jammies are put on. Daddy will come upstairs and Olivia will point to herself and say, "Olivia (Oyaya) koala bear." Daddy will know that she is in character and can only ask for koala bear kisses and koala bear hugs. It's quite fun, actually. She also will sometimes put on an goofy koala bear face if you ask.
Tonight, I rocked her to sleep and sang her "you are my sunshine," over and over. And she just let me. It was awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment