Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 13, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Be more positive about everything and everyone.  I'm pretty positive about life in general, and some may even call it naive at times, but I feel like it can make such a difference in a person's level of happiness.  It does for me.  I'm good about being positive, but it's always something that I still need to work on.

Strive to be a better mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, stranger, employee.  Try to reflect daily on ways that I could have been a better person each day.

Unplug more!!!  I'm so used to being infront of a computer 40+ hours a week that I find myself automatically reaching for my phone or my brand new Kindle Fire (haha) and using that screen to occupy my time.  It's a horrible habit, and I'm trying to lessen my screen time, especially on nights and weekends. 

Learn to sew.  Or learn how to sew enough so that I can make Christmas pajamas for my little family for next year's Christmas morning.  I just got my mom's old old sewing machine that I need to power up, and possibly have serviced.

Look into the possibility of getting come chicks and a chicken coop for some fine urban farming.  A co-worker of mine bought chicks for his kids for Christmas and they will soon have fresh eggs daily.  I am viewing this more as a long-term goal, but still throwing it in with my 2012 "resolutions."

Focus on reconnecting as a couple more.  We don't get a lot of opportunities for one-on-one alone time, but I want to try and resolve to really using the opportunities that we do have to reconnect.  Once in a blue moon we eat dinner at home just the two of us, once Olivia has fallen asleep, and these nights are just as good as any night out on the town.  So maybe trying to plan those times a little better.

Get pregnant.  Those that I talk to regularly know that this isn't really a secret.  I'm so ready to have a baby all over again.  I would get pregnant tomorrow if I could, but there are a ton of factors that are persuading us to wait a little bit longer.  At 13 months postpartum, I still have yet to see my AF, so planning in that respect wouldn't really be an option at this point anyways. (Sorry if that was a bit TMI, but I've been sort of expecting its arrival for months now, but nothing.  AND I'm not really complaining about this because it has been marvelous, but still strikes me as odd.)  Also, Olivia is only 13 months right now, so I would like a little more spacing if we can.  I would like to get pregnant sometime this year, but if we don't for whatever reasons, I won't be completely devastated, just a tad bit sad.  

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a few awesome resolutions. It makes me wonder what mine are. Though I'm not usually good at resolutions...maybe I'll do year goals instead. Good luck with yours! I hope you accomplish them all. :)

    ReplyDelete