I have a free moment during my work day. I walked over to Olivia's classroom as I usually do for lunch. It's about a half mile walk. It's a very lovely walk through the capitol complex area. I have really enjoyed this walk over the last 5 months since I started this job. Anyways, I walked over to the daycare and ran into David who was also walking over from his job for a lunch date with our girl. We were surprised to find that Olivia was napping. IN THE BIG KID CLASSROOM. ON A COT! I could of died of cuteness overload.
By big kid, I mean just the next classroom up. So the babies are anywhere from 12-18 months or so. I expressed some interest in Olivia moving up this week, and I guess they sort of started her transition today. I was told that she is very ready and was doing marvelously. I was so proud, and sad. Sad because I have discovered that I do terribly with transition when it comes to Olivia. One of the other moms said that she thinks our babies do much better with change then we do, and I couldn't agree more.
So anyways, Dave and I hung out a little bit outside because it was nice. I walked part of the way with him back to his office, and I may or may not cried because I was sad/emotional/realizing that Olivia does in fact have to eventually grow up. He doesn't quite get it the same ways I do because he is a "man."
Olivia is just growing and growing and becoming more and more awesome. I'm loving everything about motherhood, even the tough times. I live for our lunch dates, and even more so for 5pm pick-up. I practically run the half mile walk knowing that I will be greeted by my beautiful smiling with teeth baby happy to see me. There are fewer things in my life right now that are sweeter than waking up on a Saturday or Sunday morning knowing I get all day with my little family.

I love it! I know exactly what you mean! What did our lives mean before we were mamas???
ReplyDelete