Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 6, 2012

Whew

I have so much to blog about! Olivia's first birthday party, Christmas eve, Christmas day, family visits, our New Years, and on and on.  What a whirlwind and glorious holiday season we had.  Time flew by so quickly for me, and partly because I had very few days off, and unfortunately the blogging was thrown to the back burner.

We are having such a great time with this little girl of ours.  I am trying so hard to take it all in and keep up with Olivia.  She will be 13 months on Tuesday and it blows my mind. 

Over the holidays we thought Olivia had a nasty cold, but it turns out it may have just been some effects from teething, because finally she has all top 4 chompers.  She looks like a different person.  I loved her gummy smile, and I loved that we got to enjoy it for longer than most, but I also love getting a glimpse of those precious teeth!  P.S. Teething sucks a big one.

Grandma and Grandpa Jimenez brought over the slide they had at their house because Olivia enjoys it so much when we go visit.  This slide is one of the best things ever.  She has become a pro at climbing up and going down on her own.  However, we have also noticed Olivia starting to get braver and wants to try and go down the slide standing up.  We are working on correcting this, but for now we just try and monitor her closely.






Shortly before Olivia's first birthday we introduced the potty.  I felt like her communication has been getting so much better, that I figured why not try and get this potty party started.   It's been a slow and gradual introduction, and the potty is mostly a toy before bath time, but we have had 2 successful potty trips first thing in the mornings.  We've also had one horribly disgusting poopy accident that did not quite make it to the potty.  Oh well, I would rather clean my carpets than clean an eventual 2 year old's poopy diapers.  So wish us luck in our continued potty learning journey.  I think at this point I'm the one being trained.


My bedheaded potty girl.


Hopefully, I will eventually catch up on some of the great times we had over the holiday break!  I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment