Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Copeland Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving with the Copelands!  All of them!  We had a really good time this past holiday week & weekend with Dave's side of our family.  The Thanksgiving  season did not feel real to me this year, because I felt like I could not really make any plans with baby's due date so close.  I was still very much pregnant on Thanksgiving and we were able to spend a nice relaxing time at Granpa & Gammie's house to celebrate the holiday.  It was also extra special because it was Reese's last holiday as the only grandchild (on the Copeland side of the family at least.)  It's nice being without baby right now and getting to spend sometime with him and getting to know him more. 


He is so funny & so smart!  He amazes me with his speech, how he knows every animal, colors and how well behaved he is.  Reese also does this really cute thing when he is going on about something trying to explain, he will use his hands to talk.  Very cute!

Reese watching Elmo and having a little "quilt time."

Reese & Dave had fun playing with my yoga/birthing ball. 


Copeland ladies & the delicious turkey. 


The original Copeland 4 and Reese admiring the turkey.   

I don't know why Dave got to be the taste tester! :). 


Dinner table for Thanksgiving. 

Everything was absolutely delicious!  After dinner & dessert, we hung out a little longer and then we headed home to get a good nights rest before we hit the streets in the wee hours of the morning.  Black Friday!  I'm so glad that Dave, Jeani and I were crazy and decided to hit up some stores and get the deals.

We started at Kohls at 3am, then headed to Target, a quick bite to eat at McDonalds, before heading to Burlington Baby Depot, and ended our excursion at the Lakeline Mall.  Kohls and Target were the most fun and Black-Friday-like.  Lots of people and the lines were long, but we were strategic and would take turns waiting in line while each of us would do some shopping.    Dave and I got some really good deals and were able to get a majority of our Christmas shopping done.  Jeani was very glad to also be able to get some shopping in at her own leisurely pace.   

Saturday was my due date!  It was also my father in law's birthday, so we definitely had a reason so celebrate!  My parents have been waiting around for this baby to be born, and decided to come down and spend the day with Dave and I.  We went to lunch & then my mom, dad, and sister "walked me" around a couple of stores.  Dave stayed at the house after lunch and started up the grill because the Copelands were coming over for dinner. 

The Copelands came over while my parents & sister were still there so we all got to hang out and catch up! 







Crazy parents.  Poor Olivia!

So here we are, well into another work week and I am still pregnant!  Each day I return surprises my boss more and more.  We can only continue to wait until baby is ready to make an appearance.  I was able to talk to my doctor about my fear of being induced if baby decides to go really overdue.  She eased my anxiety about it and let me know that she was willing to allow me to go over 2 weeks, so long as the baby passes a couple of tests they do on overdue babies.  My next doctor's appointment is scheduled for Dec. 9th, 2010.  This gives O & I almost a week and a half to work things out. 

It's funny because all along I had a feeling that I would go overdue, and my "guess day" is even December 5, 2010.  I just had secretly hoped that I was wrong and she would surprise us by coming earlier than that!  Maybe, maybe not.....   

No comments:

Post a Comment