Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dear Olivia

Dear Olivia,

Okay baby girl, it's showtime!  From the beginning of your existence I have worried about you non-stop.  I worked very very very hard to make my belly a nice environment for you to want to stay in and grow like you should.  Everyone around me has helped keep you safe and healthy in my belly.  It is now time to come out and meet all of those people!  I promise that I will do an even better job of taking care of you outside of my belly; it really is not that scary out here.  You will be held and loved by everyone that has been waiting for your arrival.  I have never been more anxious to meet anyone in my entire life, and boy, are you good at making me wait!!! 

I have slowly realized that this is just the beginning of things that will be out of my control as a mommy, so thank you for helping teach me a little bit more patience.  I can't wait to learn more lessons about life from you, but you need to get here first!  I understand that you will come when you are truly ready to come, but just know that Mommy & Daddy are more than ready for your arrival. 


39 weeks (I promise I am smiling on the inside.)

39 weeks.

Your Gammie and a dear friend of hers, Diane, just hosted your second baby shower yesterday.  When the shower was planned we had to wait for your Aunt Jeani to be in town, too, she will give birth to your 3rd cousin in January, so we didn't know if you would still be in my tummy until then.  You must have known a party was being hosted in your & your cousin's honor because you stayed put!  As soon as the baby shower was over, I told your Gammie, "Alright, she can be born now, there is nothing left to do but wait." 


This was one of the darling little outfits you were given at the shower!!!

Ruffle bottoms!  I really hope you love ruffle bottoms as much as I do :).  Your daddy was only "eh" about this outfit.  It may be girly-overload for him. 

Almost all of the ladies at the party also gave you a new bear or doll. 

This is the beautiful quilt that your Gammie made for you!!!

The colors are perfect with your room, and I can't wait till you get to have some tummy time on this quilt.

Your Uncle Mike, Aunt Jeani & Cousin Reese are in town for 2 weeks and really want to be here when you come!  We have had a really nice past couple of days getting to hang out together and I hope that you come soon so that you can get to meet and know them, too!!! 


Daddy & your cousin Reese hanging out and playing with the iPhone. 

Your Jimenez Grandma and Grandpa (and Aunt Sarah, of course) are on constant standby waiting for the word to come to Leander when we think you may be on your way.  I have to start almost every phone call to them with, "No, I'm not in labor."  I cannot wait till either me or your daddy get to make the phone call telling them that I am in labor and that we are very close to getting to meet you. 


This quilt was made for you by Grandma's old principal, Mrs. T, at the school that she works at. 

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and we will be spending time with family, watching football, playing board games, and waiting on you. 

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment