How far along? 40 weeks & 3 days
Weight gain? 46.3 lbs as of yesterday at 2:15pm....although I may not be, my doctor is still completely okay with my weight gain. We had discussed in the very beginning of my pregnancy my weight gain goal, and I had expressed not wanting to gain over 35 lbs. At the time she said that was a good idea, especially because of my height, well that goal is long gone. Because the gainage has been consistent and as gradual as 46 lbs can be in 9 months, there are not any real medical worries. The only worrying is on my part and how long it is going to take me to get back down to normal person size. I know everyone says the weight just comes off, especially when nursing, but I still worry.
Stretch marks? Yes, and a lot of them. I was not invincible to the war wounds of pregnancy. The worst thing has been the PUPPP that has accompanied my stretch marks. It is miserably itchy. I'm lucky that you can barely tell I have it, so it's not that ugly, but I'm miserable if I do not have an anti-itch cream nearby at all times for my belly. Although I have not gotten stretch marks anywhere else, the PUPPP has started to show up on my arms, legs and hands. The doctor said it's most likely because of the dry weather right now. UGH.
Sleep: I've still been sleeping pretty well. The key is getting to bed as early as I can, even if it's 8pm. I usually wake up anywhere from 3-5am no matter what time I get to bed, so if I can get to bed early I get much more rest. The worst part about sleep is the need to switch positions to take some weight off one side or the other, and having to get up to go potty. It's such a production to switch sides and get out of bed.
Best moment this week: Spending time with both of our families together at our house on Saturday.
Movement: I get such a kick, no pun intended, out of pushing my tummy and Olivia pushing me right back! It's clear that she does not have much room in my belly anymore because the "kicks" are just more movements than anything else. We can really see the belly moving when she is shifting in there.
Food commentary: Every dessert or treat I have eaten lately I usually think, "This could be my last splurge for a long time." Then I have time and room for one more dessert because baby seems to be taking her time!
Labor Signs: Dave and I got excited over what we thought may be some real contractions on Sunday night. In retrospect, they were just stronger BH contractions mixed with the hope and anticipation of it being the real deal.
Belly Button in or out? Still out.
What I miss: I miss not feeling itchy. I miss being un-pregnant. I think because I loved being pregnant so much my baby is not ready to quit.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting out daughter....I'm 3 days overdue, other than that I should not have to look forward to anything else this pregnancy. Everything has been done, all the milestones have been reached and now it's time to meet her. I'm looking forward to finally having my birth story and being able to share that with other mommas and momma-to-bes.
Weekly Wisdom: Remain positive. I have been so happy and positive most of the last 9 months, but I've found it is actually taking work to stay positive right now. I'm worrying about everything (including what if Olivia is a boy and the ultrasound technician was wrong), and I can't seem to relax at all. I literally have to snap out of a bad mood several times a day, take a deep breath and try and think happy thoughts.
It's been quite an emotional rollercoaster at the end for me. Everyone wants to know if I have had my baby yet, so I get frustrated having to say, "nope not yet," "it could be another 2 weeks or so," "we are just waiting on her," - all with a smile on my face and the appearance as though I am truly enjoying being 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Which I still sort of do, because I have been very blessed with a smooth pregnancy, but at this point it's really hard not knowing when it will happen. We just have to continue on with life and making plans each and every day to make the time pass.
Also, for anyone out there that is pregnant with their first baby or plan to be pregnant one day, please know that the average woman, when left to go into labor on her own, will do so when she has reached approximately 41 weeks and 1 day. That is the real average gestation time for first time moms. AVERAGE. Some will go sooner, and some will go later. 40 weeks is a cruel and inaccurate amount of weeks based on some man's study of pregnacy from the 1800s. FYI.
Weekly WTF: I had my first overdue doctor's appointment yesterday. I have been turning down the internal examinations because they really aren't necessary, in my opinion. My doctor has been completely fine with that, and we normally just check for a heartbeat & the fundal measurement. All along I had decided if I go overdue and have to still go to another appointment I will have my first internal just out of curiosity. Well, yesterday I found out that I am 0 centimeters dilated, which of course also means there is 0 effacement. (Effacement cannot even be checked if the cervix is not opened up.) My doctor tried (OUCH) to force a centimeter of dilation in hopes of kicking things into gear, but that was a definite no-go.
She did not seem worried that this is where I was at, and scheduled my next doctor's appointment a week and half away to give my body some more time to hopefully do some things on it's own. An induction would not even be favorable for me because there is no dilation at all, which means my body is just not ready to go into labor. That was a relief to hear. If my doctor is not in a rush, and obviously my baby and my body are not in a rush, I can't be in a rush either.
Additionally, there are many women who go from 0 centimeters to holding their baby in 12 hours, so knowing this information is not particularly helpful.
Nesting madness: Every day a new nesting project comes up and I am very grateful for that. Friday, most of our Christmas shopping was done, aside from a few more things I still need to pick up, which I am grateful for because I don't know when else we would have done it. Saturday, we decorated our Christmas tree and had guests over to prepare for. Sunday, I cleaned again and did all the laundry in the house, including all the linens. And this morning at 4am, I wrapped all of the Christmas presents we have bought so far. I still need to work on Thank You cards for the most recent baby shower, and I'm working on a wedding photo picture project thing.
Milestones: I've reached my "due date." Last milestone possible. Of course, other than having my baby.
Awww! Amanda, you kill me!
ReplyDeleteYou know what, I didn't want to say this in November in fear of you writing me off completely, BUT, now you get to have your baby in an even month in an even year! Something about even numbers is lucky....especially with dates I've noticed. That's one of the reason's we're getting married so quick, it HAD to be in 2010 or I wouldn't have felt right about it!
But seriously, you'll be done before you know it and you'll have the most precious thing in the world for Christmas! (But even once she's here, you must continue to blog at this rate. K?)
Good Luck!!! :)