Our nursery is REALLY coming along. I'm in love with little Olivia's room. At first I was not a huge fan of the color that we picked out for the walls once they were painted, it just seemed so bright! After Dave added new base boards and crown molding it looked better. Then we put the curtains back up and it slowly started to come around. Now that we have added even more pieces to her room, I love love love it. Which is a good thing, because Dave informed me it wasn't getting re-painted! For this baby at least.
Last week the glidder and ottoman that Reese and Annette bought for Olivia arrived on our front porch! This past weekend Dave put it together and I have really enjoyed sitting in it in her room. It's going to be absolutley perfect to rock our baby back to sleep at 2am.
This weekend we also got the crib! My parents came down to Leander and took us out to lunch and then we went to Burlington Baby Depot and bought the crib I had been eyeing. It has not been put together yet, but I'm dying to get it into the nursery. (I figured I would give Dave Monday off since football was on last night!) Hopefully we will have it put together soon. I still need to get the mattress and the bedding before it's complete. I'm almost positive I know what bedding we are getting, but it doesn't hurt to shop around a little bit more.
Another one of Dave's completed house projects was the installation of our microwave above the oven. Reese and Dave worked on this about a month ago, and I do not know how we lived without a microwave for that long!
This is the best "before" picture I have. Oven sans microwave on the left. (And the most handsomest dog, ever, on the right.) Before:
During:
After:
And, lastly, this weekend Dave mounted his precious baby to the wall.
Before:

After:
The family room has really become a family room. All in all the house is really coming together and feels like our home. We are working hard to get as much together as we can before baby comes so that we can focus 100% on her. Always lots more work to do, but it's been a lot of fun so far. I hope to have the nursery completely completed by mid to late October so that all we will need is our baby!






No comments:
Post a Comment