Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 27, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend was a weekend I could get used to! 

On Friday, Dave and I had a nice relaxing evening in.  I read and watched some T.V. while Dave put together the crib.





Thor's never very much help!

We then watched a movie and called it an early night.  

On Saturday, my sister, my mom and I had a ladies day out and it was so much fun.  Mom and Sarah wined and dined Olivia and I.  We hit up all of our favorite places at the Round Rock Outlets, Target, Ross, Ikea, and Toys 'R Us.  Olivia got about 6 new outfits from Grandma.  At every store we went to my mom would say, "okay, no more clothing for Olivia", and sure enough she would find something Olivia just couldn't live without!  Very lucky little girl.  We also had lunch at one of my favorite places, Mighty Fine Burgers!

Olivia the Pig and Olivia the baby.


Sarah and I in the children's section at Ikea.  Safe toys, they can obviously hold a lot of weight!

Saturday night, after an all day shopping excursion, I came home to an awesome barbeque dinner.  Pulled pork sandwhiches and beef ribs.  We didn't even bother with any side items or veggies!  Dinner, a movie, and Saturday Night Live, and then Dave and I called it a night.   We are really enjoying what I like to think of as the "calm before the storm."  A good, welcomed storm, of course!

Sunday, after my walk with Thor, there were household chores to do and football games to be watched!  The Titans won.  I was also able to get in a very nice afternoon nap, an hour long bath,  and tons of reading in.  And this morning, Monday, when we woke up for work it actually felt like fall!!!  It was only 55 degrees and dry.  Thor and I went for an extra long walk and we even left him outside when we left for work to enjoy the first fall day.  The high is only supposed to be 79 here, and for us Texans that means coats & gloves! :)

I also wanted to include a cute picture of Ava.  Ava is in Chicago right now with her mommy and other grandparents while Jae is away at basic.  My mom had bought Ava a little doll that Ava calls Daddy and she takes him with her lots of places.  Here "Daddy" is watching Ava play :).   







No comments:

Post a Comment