Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

31 weeks 3 days

How far along? 31w3d

Weight gain?  Huh?...oh that.....31 glorious pounds.  I've actually thought about skipping this information, I mean no one really needs to know, or may even care how much weight I'm gaining...but I like to keep it real.  I truly thought, rather naively, that I would not see that number at all over my entire pregnancy.  I still have 9 more weeks to go (give or take a week or two), and likely 9 more or so pounds to go.  I guess it appears as though I have gained a pound a week from the start, however that is so not the case.  I was doing so well until about week 20, and then the weight gain started to really kick into gear.  My doctor has not been concerned with the weight gain, and actually reassures me I'm right on track. 

Stretch marks? Still no stretch marks...I'm hiding from them.  Luckily the weight gain and the belly stretching has been so consistent and gradual, no funky stretch marks!

Sleep:  The pulled muscles in my back have completely healed!  Sleeping has been much better since then.  I can pretty much get comfortable and fall asleep on either side.  I usually have 1-2 bathroom breaks in the middle of the night, followed by one Thor break where I will just throw him in the backyard around 4:00-4:30 am until it's time for our walk at 5:00am.  The weather has recently cooled down and we can sleep with the windows open.  That makes a very big and warm pregnant lady happy, while her poor husband has to bundle up in tons of blankets.    

Best moment this week:  My 32 week doctor's appointment was today!  Got to hear Miss O's heartbeat at a nice healthy 140 bpm.  The doctor was also able to tell how she was positioned.  She is head down with her booty over to the right side of my belly.  It makes me happy knowing she is head down, even though I know at this stage she still has plenty of room to flip and move should she choose to.  I'm measuring a tad big, by about a week, which is how she has been measuring since her anatomy ultrasound at 18 weeks.  I hope this means that she will come a week early, and not that she is just an oversized baby! 

Movement: All of the time.  She really responds to being poked and pushed around too.  She will poke us right back.  Dave thinks I mess with her too much and try and get her to move, but you should of seen how the doctor pushed on my belly trying to find the position she was in!    Olivia has also been getting the hiccups very regularly lately.  She will have at least 2 bouts of them a day. 

Food commentary: I have been craving anything pumpkin!  The change of weather makes me a sucker for eating something fall and festive...I am really craving a good pumpkin pie.  I also have been craving pizza.  I have yet to satisfy either one of these cravings, but I intend to this weekend!

Labor Signs: Zero.  I still do not think I've even had a real Braxton-Hicks contraction yet.  My belly will tighten up a little, but it's usually just from baby rolling around and repositioning herself. 

Belly Button in or out? Out. Still.  And it's starting to really irritate me.  It's so ugly when you can see it through multiple layers of clothing. 

What I miss:  I miss sleeping on my back.  I also miss sushi and oysters, but I've missed both of those from the beginning. 

What I am looking forward to: My baby shower is this Sunday!  I can't wait to see everyone.  I have not been to San Antonio in awhile so lots of my family has not seen me this pregnant.  Should be fun!  Dave and I are also trying to make plans for a day date on Saturday around downtown and the Riverwalk.  We are going to a cousin's football game first, and then going from there. 

Weekly Wisdom: "It does not matter how much weight you gain, so long as you are eating the right foods."  - Christina Barkley, Bradley Method teacher.  Gawd, let's hope this is true!!!

Weekly WTF: We need to find a pediatrician!  It's one of those things that really freak me out.  I've always just had military doctors, so this whole business of actually picking someone to go to is foreign to me!  I also realized that we need to somehow get our baby a social security number.  How the heck does that work?!

Nesting madness:  Heck, yes! So much has been done with so much still to do.  The furniture is in place for the most part, but both the crib and the bed need dressing.  The changing table needs a changing pad and I need to finish painting it.  We are getting a bassinet to borrow from my aunt that we need to transport to the house from San Antonio....the ceiling fans all need to be cleaned, I want to go through and organize all of our closets (who knows the next time I will get the chance to do that), we need to schedule the exterminator for a treatment (we have a lot of baby scorpions in Leander, gross, I know), the dresser for the nursery needs to be bought, Thor's annual vet visit needs to take place, we are getting a dining table from my parents and I need to get the dining ready for it, etc. etc. etc.     

Milestones: Yesterday was the 2 month away date from my official EDD.

2 comments:

  1. We got the information to apply for Elijah's SSN at the hospital after he was born.

    As for a pediatrician, I'd recommend asking around. I found a list of pediatricians who were preferred providers for our insurance and asked people about them. Then we made appointments with several to talk to them. There are websites with suggested questions to ask potential pediatricians. For instance, I wanted someone who was pro-breastfeeding, etc. Most doctors don't charge for an initial visit. This is how we settled on our pediatrician and we LOVE her. Another selling point of the office we go to is that they are open 8-12 on Saturdays. Both times we've had important questions about Eli's health were Saturdays, so it was invaluable to be able to call/go in then. I found the websites with suggested questions really helpful.

    Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, don´t worry about weight gain! I gained a lot too, but only up to about 5-6 weeks prior to birth, then the weight was consistent. And you´ll be back on your pre-pregnancy weight in no time, trust me. I was down 18lbs a week after birth, lost another 6,5 the next week and at my 6 week post-partum I had only 6,5lbs left of my pregnancy gain - all this with no exercise whatever, because honestly, I could barely move the first month or so... So I think that you have nothing to worry about and just enjoy it :-) You look great, honestly. Pregnancy suits you.

    ReplyDelete