Facebook rocks. A lot of my family members have become my facebook friends over the past year or so. And some of my aunts and uncles have scanned and uploaded awesome family pictures that I had never seen before. I love how FB is able to not only reconnect family members, but also share things such as old school family photos.
My hopes are to one day, in the near future, print out the entries of my blog and have them put into a binded book. There are several businesses that will actually do this for you, and I think it would be neat way to eventually further share my thoughts and activities with future Copelands. Sort of like an online journal turned book. Off that tangent, I wanted to share some of the pictures that I have recently come across on my family member's facebook pages.
My dates are foggy because I just honestly do not know when a lot of these pictures were taken. This is my paternal grandmother and grandfather around 1955ish (?). Maria Pedraza and Roberto Jimenez.
This is a picture of my paternal grandmother's family, the Pedrazas in Monterrey, Mexico in 1959. My grandma is the 2nd lady from the right, she is dressed in white and holding the little girl. The little girl is my Aunt Gloria and grandma was also pregnant with my dad when this picture was taken.

This is my Aunt Gloria holding my Uncle Oscar on the westside of San Antonio in the early 1960's.
My aunt and uncles in San Antonio, Texas in the early 1960's. From left to right Oscar, Robert, Albert, Javier (my dad) and Gloria.
The whole Jimenez family. What a handsome family! Not many immediate family pictures have to be taken with a top, middle and bottom row! Top row (left to right): Robert, Gloria, Javier (my dad), and Albert. Middle row (left to right): Oscar, Grandma, Rosie, Lupe, Grandpa, and Daniel. Bottom row (left to right): the twins, Susana and Christina.
All of the Jimenez kids minus Aunt Gloria. From left to right: Twins Susana & Christina, Lupe (behind the twins), Rosie, Albert, Daniel, Javier (my dad), Oscar and Robert. I don't mean to brag, but my aunts and uncles all had such great hair!
Aunt Rosie. She left this world way too soon. She's very much missed and I wish my sister, Sarah, would have had a chance to get to meet and know her.
Uncle Danny, Uncle Oscar, Dad, and Uncle Robert. I have no clue when this picture was taken...it looks like sometime after 1996 because Dad's hair cut &; 'stache definitely shows that he was already out of the Army.
Brothers, again. This picture was recently taken at my cousin Pamela's wedding on August 7, 2010. Dad, Oscar, Danny, and Robert. The fifth Jimenez brother, Uncle Albert, passed away many years ago. I never had the chance to meet him and I wish I had. He and my dad were very close.
Then an old school picture of these crazies circa 1985-1986ish. They are the couple who started it all for us. Mom & Dad. Jay made the picture, however, I was in the stroller and convienently cut out! :)
I love looking at all of these pictures and wondering what Olivia will look like. I wonder if she will have a stronger resemblance from one side of my family or one side of Daves. The Jimenez family tends to have really strong genes because when I look at all of my cousins (and there are a lot) we all tend to have features that favor the Jimenez side. It will be so neat to see who Olivia will take after.
I'm going to try and dig up some old pictures from my mom's side of the family next time I'm in San Antonio so that I can share some of those as well!









ahhhh! your dad still looks the same as when he was a little tiny guy!!! too funny!
ReplyDelete