How far along? 28 weeks = 7 months!
Total weight gain/loss: Oh my, it's getting up there...I had a doctor's appointment about 2 weeks ago and I did not ask the exact amount. I did not particularly want to know. I believe it's about 24-26 pounds right now; that was total amount I wanted to gain the entire time. I'm only partially bothered by this number because I've (and Dave) been really good about watching what I eat. I feel like that's just the weight I need to gain at this point without going on a diet!
Maternity clothes? I'm still mixing it up. I have rummaged through my closet and found a couple of pairs of low rise jeans that I didn't really like any more pre-pregnancy, but they button and fit! I also have quite a few regular shirts that will make it through this pregnancy I believe. Of course I also have maternity pants and shirts that I'm wearing regularly.
Stretch marks? Noooooo stretch marks, yet. I've been religiously applying that coco butter and Collagen lotion with the Vitamin E. I know they will happen if they are going to happen, but I love rubbing my belly anyways :).
Sleep: Sleep sucks!!! It started to be bad about 2 weeks ago when I got a really bad cough. I would cough all night and toss and turn. I also pulled some muscles in my back from all of the coughing, which has made my back sore still. Now that the cough is gone, I still dread going to bed every night because it is uber frustrating. It takes awhile to get comfortable on my sides because my back is killing me. Once I eventually get comfortable and doze off a little bit, it is time to get up and go pee. Then I have to try and lay down and get comfortable again, doze off, need to pee. It's an endless cycle. I think I have temporarily solved the problem. I prop myself up on all the pillows in our bed, almost as though I'm sitting in a recliner and I'm able to fall asleep much quicker. It also makes breathing much easier and my lungs do not feel crushed like they do when I'm on my side.
Best moment this week: I was spooning Dave a couple of days ago with my belly pressed against his back. Dave was able to feel baby kick his back. That was really cool.
Movement: She is rather spastic! She will have regular half hour sessions of somersaulting and strong kicks a couple of times a day. I've also been able to see her kicking and moving through my shirt. I love that. I'm also able to really feel where she is at in my belly. I often feel a round rump that I like to imagine is her little booty, but of course it could be her back, or head or any number of body parts.
Food cravings: No real food cravings. I've been really thirsty and eating tons of fruit to help quinch my thirst. I'm getting sick of water and liquids in general because I always have to pee. I know that I need lots of fluids, so I am still downing it.
Food aversions: I'm able to drink milk again without an upset tummy! I have no current food aversions which is nice.
Labor Signs: I have had a couple of what I believe to be are Braxton Hicks contractions. It's been really hard to tell if they were BH contractions, or if it was just baby pushing against my insides and making my tummy tight.
Belly Button in or out? Very very out. It has not stretched out or become any less noticeable. I was walking around in my sports bra the other day and Thor actually tried to nibble my protruding belly button. Gross? Yes, very. Funny? Yes, very.
What I miss: I actually enjoy being pregnant, but there are some things I'm starting to miss. I miss not waddling when I have a really full bladder and I'm trying to bee-line it for the ladies room. I miss my back not being sore. I miss being able to shave my legs without having to maneuvar and perform acrobats in the shower. I miss waking up and really feeling refreshed. I miss solid nights of sleep that I know I will not get back for the next 18-20 years or so. I miss my regular sized breasts. But I do not miss any of those things more than I enjoy feeling my baby move, or knowing that she is growing in there, or anticipating meeting her.
What I am looking forward to: I'm looking forward to our first Bradley class on Thursday! We have classes every Thursday from here on out until November 11. I'm also looking forward to buying our crib with my parents this month and receiving the glider and ottoman that the Copelands bought for us.
Weekly Wisdom: I had to take cough medicine last week for my horrible cough. I felt absolutely guilty about it, and I still sort of do. I know I can't beat myself up for giving in and taking the meds, but I still do. The cough went on for about a week, and it was getting progressively worse instead of better. At first I thought it was allergies, and then once it started to hurt in my chest I knew it was some kind of cough cold combination. I called my doctor and asked if I should come in and get looked at or what should I do. She told me to take Robitussin DM or they could write me a prescription for something stronger if I wanted. I was surprised I was able to take anything like that and I have been so against any sort or meds/interventions. I broke down and took the cough syrup once or twice a day for a couple of days. The Robitussin, coupled with a day off and a stream room in our bathroom my wonderful husband made me sit in and I eventually got better. Wisdom in this? No point in suffering especially if your OB/GYN says that it is fine to take some medication to relieve the symptoms. I tried to tough it out as much as I could, but eventually took the medicine and now I'm all better.
Milestones: Officially officially officially in the 3rd trimester!
{ Will post a picture later. }
No comments:
Post a Comment