Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 2, 2010

Thor's Weekend with his Grandparents

My mom and dad were awesome and agreed to watch our ThorBoar.  Originally, we had planned to board him at his new vet's office in Cedar Park, but my parent's weekend plans changed and they would be staying in town afterall.  It was very last minute so we had to make quick plans to get him to Grandma & Grandpa's house. 

Thursday after work Dave and I went over to JonO & Lexie's house to help them do some moving.  We were able to help make a couple of trips from the old apartment to the new one, but I really wish we could have done a lot more.  The next morning, Friday, at 4:45 am while Dave still got some more sleep, Thor and I loaded up into the Jeep and headed to Harker Heights.  I love the drive from our house to both of parent's homes.  We are able to avoid all of the major highways and see the prettiest parts of the Hill County.  It's especially nice early in the morning when no one else is on the road.  Thor and I rode with all of the windows down most of the way. 

The drive back was a bit scary though.  I was rushing to get back home to Leander because I stayed and chatted with my parents a little longer than I intended to.  I was taking a back back way that we sometimes take and got pulled over for going 80MPH in a 60MPH area.  The cop was super nice though and told me to slow down and that I was lucky he was just giving me a warning.  He said my fees and the ticket would have been outrageous because I was going more than 30% over the speed limit.  WHEW!  Needless to say, after that I was definitely driving much slower. 

My parents kept me updated on Thor's daily activities and it was so much fun to get to see text message pictures of him throughout the weekend!


Dad loves walking Thor, which is perfect because Thor absolutely loves going for walks!



Keeping Thor nice and hydrated.


Another one of Thor's favorite pastimes.  He will literally just stand over the sprinkler for 5 minutes, then drink some of the water, and then continue to stand. 



Thor and his own personal fan.


Hanging out inside.  This weekend it was HOT.  It is finally hitting the hundreds here. 

Thanks, Mom & Dad & Sarah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment