Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Stewarts Visit Texas


Jake & Jenny Stewart drove from Florida to San Antonio on Thursday to surprise Jenny's mom for her 60th birthday!

We were lucky enough to get to spend some time with them today on their quick trip to see family.  Dave and I met Jenny, Jake, Sam and Kelly at the Taproom today for lunch.  The Taproom was one of our absolute favorite spots while we were in college in San Marcos. Jenny and I would go there for dinner at least once a week, if not more, during our junior and senior years at Texas State.

It was nice to get to have lunch there and hang out and catch up on everyone's lives.  It was also great to be able to see Sam and Kelly at the same time.  Even though Kelly, Sam and I all live here in Central Texas we hardly ever get the opportunity to see each other!

Dave and I got to San Marcos a little bit earlier than the noon time we planned on meeting and drove around town a bit.  It was fun to get to point out some of the spots we had been together, and some of the places we have fond memories of.  One day we will get to take our children back there and show them were Mommy & Daddy first met!  The college is also really expanding and doing some upgrades and those were also neat to see.  It's funny how we live right up the road and drive through San Marcos all the time, but never ever stop to actually do anything there. 

These ladies below were 3 of the ladies in my wedding party.  Sarah was the only one missing and she was right down the road at Canyon Lake with my parents and some of her friends.  I loved getting to see them and wish we could do this more often!

They all look beautiful and I definitely look very pregnant.

The Taproom burgers did not disappoint, either!  I have had a hard time getting back to eat a Taproom burger because Dave does not like their food at all, he had an unfortunate experience with their french fries and the fish 'n chips once.  He tried a burger for the first time and really like it.  I highly recommend this place for anyone in the San Marcos area!

No comments:

Post a Comment