Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

24 Fabulous Weeks

How far along? 24 weeks


Total weight gain/loss: I had an "official" weigh in at my doctor's office.  I have gained 16.4 pounds total. 

Maternity clothes? I should probably be wearing 100% all maternity clothing, but I'm still getting away with a couple of my regular work shirts.  Also, I haven't bought any maternity workout clothes so I've been able to wear all of my shorts (elastic waist band) and all of my old oversized Texas State t-shirts. 

Stretch marks? Still none.  Thank you, God.  I'm being really good about putting lotion on my belly and other places ladies have told me they got stretch marks.  I know there are conflicting reports about whether lotion makes a difference on stretch marks or not, but I feel like it has helped keep my skin smoother and elastic-y. 

Sleep:  I still have crazy amounts of energy.  A couple of nights last week the house was just entirely too hot to sleep and I would wake up sweating.  By time I would get up, take the dog out and put the A/C on a cooler temperature I was no longer tired.  My mornings would start at 2am and I actually liked it because I would get a lot done in the house and Thor would get an extra long walk.  I'm just going to go with these early mornings whenever they happen.  Other than those freakish 2am wake ups, I usually go to bed around 1030pm-11pm and get up at 5am. 

Best moment this week: My doctor's appointment was the best moment this week.  I got to hear our little girl's heartbeat and was reassured again that she is growing and thriving like she should be. 

Movement: Still moving in my belly.  I feel her a little more throughout the day, and I feel her everyday now.  I feel  her on my bladder a lot more now, too.  Almost as though she is jumping on it, or pushing off my bladder to swim around in there.  Sometimes it will take me by surprise and I will feel a strong urge to pee and then that will go away.  Crazy kid. 

Food cravings:   I really wanted a pickle shaved ice this week.  I finally got to a shaved ice place and they had the pickle shaved ice flavor, but not the one with the actually pickle in it.  So I got a Red Chamoy shaved ice instead and it was very dissapointing.  (Chamoy is a mexican candy that is made from a dried plum that has been soaked in vinegar and spices.)

Food aversions: Milk.  When I'm not pregnant my body does not process straight milk very well.  If I have a glass of milk I will get an upset tummy.  I started drinking more low-fat milk once I got pregnant because it is an easy low-fat way to get some calcium & protein.  For awhile my stomach problems were non-existent when I was drinking the milk, however, recently I can't drink the milk anymore without getting an upset stomach. 

Labor Signs: No labor signs but I can feel some very distinct stretching of my uterus and stomach muscles.  Almost like a quick spasm here and there.  Upon Dave's encouragemnet, I checked with my doctor who informed me that these aches and pains are completely normal.

Belly Button in or out? Out and it has become quite the talk of my family.  Ask me and I am not shy to show you my freakish bellybutton.  I also checked with my doctor to make sure this was "normal".  She said that she sees belly buttons that come in all shapes and sizes...including my belly button size...Thanks? lol. 

What I miss: I miss more vigorous exercise.   I realized that before I was pregnant I could eat a lot more and not gain any weight because I could go to the gym with Dave, do an hour of body pump, 20 minutes of elliptical and run a couple of miles.  I would maintain my weight because I was always burning the calories off.  Now, I only walk for about an hour a day and I'm just not getting the same satisfaction, and I'm still gaining weight.  Good weight, but the numbers are going up, and up, and up, and up nonetheless.   

What I am looking forward to: I'm looking forward to my next doctor's appointment, and the glucose test.  I would like to just get those things out of the way with and move on.  I'm also looking forward to doing some more baby shopping this month!!!

Weekly Wisdom:  Spend time with your husband and pets now.  Lots of time.  Talk about the future and the ways that your lives are going to change.  Ask theoretical questions about the baby and how you are going to manage your time and responsibilities once she is here to get the conversation started. 

Dave hates theoretical questions, but some of our best conversations have spurred off of one.  Also really try hard not to get in an argument over an answer one of you may give.  It's only a theoretical question and answer and how the situation is really handled may be completely different once the time comes.    

Milestones: 6 months (24 weeks) !!! Wohooo.  We are almost at the 27th week which is the vitality week.  If Olivia were to be born at 27 weeks she has a much higher likelihood of surviving and thriving. 


Olivia and I all gussied up for Pamela & Marcos's Wedding - August 7, 2010.


1 comment:

  1. i hate to break it to you, but if you're gonna get stretch marks, you're gonna get them....i was always super lotiony...and then 30 weeks hit...now i look like a tiger...oh well, they fade. oh, and ignore what everyone says about the "nasty" glucose test..it wasn't that bad...i thought the drink tasted like extremely bubbly mcdonalds orange soda.

    ReplyDelete