Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, America!!!

This year, like almost every year for the past 5 or so, my parent's had a 4th of July BBQ.  I love family get togethers, and it has been really fun to get both of our families together.  Bless the Copelands for enduring my family. :) lol.  This year was much smaller than usual because my aunt and uncles family did not come, but it was still fun.

This time next year we will have a little 7month old-ish Olivia to join in on the festivities!!

BBQ and all the sides. (My dad seriously makes the best BBQ chicken.)

"The Circle" enjoying Annette's Key Lime cupcakes.

A dip in the pool, of course.

Mom, Uncle Mike, and Jacob.  Mom and Uncle Mike sure do look like siblings!

More Circle times.

Dad can't wait to have a human baby to cuddle.

Dave and I.

Olivia  :).

I love love love Texas summers and this year has been a really great one so far.  We have not had a single day in the 100s and it's already July 6th.  I believe today is suppose to be our first 100, so not too bad.

Dave has been working on our nursery this weekend, too and I'm getting really excited about it.  It only took about 3 trips to Lowes/Home Depot for me to finally pick out the nursery color.  I couldn't help but go back and forth before picking our color.  The problem I was having was trying to decide if I really wanted pink walls versus another color wall.  I love pink, and I have alway wanted such girly things if we were having a girl.  I then realized that everything is pink for girls, and it may bee a little too much pink if we also panted the room pink.  So I decided on a yellow paint, and the bedding and accessories that we get are going to be pink. Plus, loads and loads of pink clothes, bows, shoes, socks, etc.    This is our paint color:


It is Disney's Main Street Lights paint color.  In real life it looks a tad darker, but it may actually come out this color once it is on our walls.

Dave has pulled all of our base and ceiling trim and done all the prepatory taping.  Now, with the humidity gone he will be able to paint sometime this week or weekend.  We have been taking before and progress pictures, and will definitely post after pictures once things are more complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment