Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 9, 2010

19 weeks & 5 days

How far along? 19 weeks 5 days

Total weight gain/loss: From my very first appointment, until today, my 20 week appointment, I have gained 10 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? Just wearing some maternity pants, some normal pants and all normal tops.

Stretch marks? No, thank gawd!  So long as I continue to keep this weight gain gradual, I think I may actually avoid them like my mom and grandma did!

Sleep: My sleeping has been pretty good.  There is probably one night a week or so that I don't get the best sleep, but that was normal before pregnancy.  Thor is usually the reason for it, too. 

Best moment this week: Getting to hear Olivia's heartbeat and her squirming around in my belly at my doctor's appointment today. Hearing that her anatomy scan went perfectly and all her measurements are great.  Such a relief.  Also, the doctor confirmed that Olivia is in fact a girl.  :)
 
Movement: Still no real movement.  There have been a couple of times that I thought I felt her, but I really can't tell.  She definitely  is moving around, we have seen her twice on the ultrasound screens, and I have heard her moving around. 

Food cravings: Tootsie roll pops, gummi bears, any gummi candy, and ice cream.  I have yet to indulge in any of these cravings, but I may this weekend to celebrate the "halfway" mark.

Food aversions: None, whatsoever, and that is very very dangerous. 

Gender: It's a girl!

Labor Signs: Nooooooo

Belly Button in or out? It is still on the verge of becoming an outtie.  I think my belly button is one of the funniest things about my changing body.  I kinda sorta love how weird it looks.  I will try and take pictures. ha. 

What I miss: I miss not being out of breath from going up the stairs!  9 times out of 10 I make it up our stairs with no problem, but if I'm on the phone while going up the stairs, or talking to Dave in our house, I will get to the top and be a little winded.  I feel like a big fat kid. 

What I am looking forward to: Feeling Olivia moving and when Dave will be able to feel her on the outside, too. 

Weekly Wisdom:
1) Eat my daily serving of prunes.
2) If I see a bathroom and we are in a public place, and I ever so slightly think I may need to go pee in the near future, use the bathroom. 
3) Relax.  There are a million and one things that you can worry about while you are pregnant.  If you body is acting normally and you feel good, chances are the baby is perfectly healthy in there.  I get so worked up in between doctor's appointments wondering how she is, only to find out she is doing perfectly fine.
4) Continue to exercise. Yoga and walking have been my two main activities, but I try to be as active as possible each day. 

Milestones: On Sunday, Olivia will be halfway baked. 20 weeks down, 20weeks-ish to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment