Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby thoughts....

There are so many things out there to buy for babies!  It drives me crazy because I want it all, whether we will need it or not.  Everything is just so darn cute, but rationality and budget kicks in, and I know I will have to pick and choose what we actually do get.  I also know that as the baby grows we can buy the items that we feel like would be helpful in taking care of our little one.

Some of the wants and needs that I am currently drooling over:



"Tie One On" by Lovey Duds.  This is very similar to the Moby Wrap, but it has the stylish fabric cover in the front.  There are tons of different designs, too.

These are Gund Baby HuggyBuddies.  I had something very similar to these with a Snoopy head and I took him everywhere until I dropped him on a bike ride one day.  I would love for our baby to have their very own "Theethee" as I called mine.  They have satin ears and are really soothing to rub as baby is trying to fall asleep.



This is the Baby Trend Columbia Jogger.   I don't have my heart set on this particular stroller, but I do know that we will need a good walking/jogging stroller.  So far my only pre-req has been that the stroller's front wheel swivels.  I have heard from other mommas that the strollers without the swivel front wheel is much harder to manuver.  We will also need one of those combo strollers for the carseat.



It's a roller buggy!!!  How genuis is this.  I mean, it really defeats the purpose of going for a walk if you are pushing the stroller like a buggy.  But, it makes total sense if you like somewhere like NYC (or Leander, Texas).




The picture above is the Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower.  It is a mini baby spa for a relax bathtime after babies long day of work :).  I will more thank likely not be getting this for our baby, but still it's very neat! 


This item is called the "Breast Friend".  This is SO cool, but I know there are also boppies available that are multi-purpose (can be used for feedings and to assist baby in sitting up & tummy time).  I saw this at Babies 'R Us this weekend and will definately be getting it, or the Boppy, pictured below.


 

2 comments:

  1. I have had a lot of fun shopping for Amanda and Gil. Check out craigslist. I have been getting on the site for Hawaii everyday and we have found some really great items for 50% of the retail costs or more. Plus since they are baby items they look brand new.
    I found a bouncer that Amanda ended up getting and you can not tell it is used. There have been some beautiful "pack n play lites" but we did not get to them in time.
    Plus some of the items for sale have never been used because people said their baby did not like what ever the item was or they got a second one at a baby shower.
    Have fun with all your shopping!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy! I have been stalking our Austin Craigslist, too! So far I have gotten our changing table and a baby swing from there. Both were in great condition! Other than that we are trying to wait to do a lot of the shopping until we know the sex. The big things we will get neutral tones so we can use them for the next babies, but I can't wait to get girly or boy clothes!

    ReplyDelete