I have gone back and forth about wanting to start a baby blog for all baby stuff so that I can continue to write about other things as well. However, I have every single social netoworking site already, so I figured I will make my life simple and keep this same blog.
So I'm sorry if this blog is completely taken over with pregnancy, baby, doctor's appointments, and TMI details!!! FYI, my next doctor's appointment is this Thursday! Looking forward to hearing our little one's heartbeat again. Then we will have the big anatomy scan ultrasound on June 23. This appointment will allow our doctor to measure all of baby's growing body parts and take a look to make sure that everythings is going well inside. I'm sort of nervous about this because I really want our baby to be healthy and perfect, and I hope this doctor's appointment can confirm that up to this point. Who knew that being pregnant could really make me such a nervous wreck about everything.
We will also be finding out the sex of our baby at this appointment if we are able.
Below is a little pregnancy survey thingy that I have seen on some other ladies blogs. I hope to fill out a couple of more of these throughout pregnancy to compare and eventually print out for our baby book.
How far along? 15w 2d
Total weight gain/loss: Unofficially about 4-5lbs according to our scale at home. I will know the official weight gain on Thursday.
Maternity clothes? Not really. I'm still wearing all of my normal tops, and I have one pair of maternity pants for work that I have worn twice.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: I have not had many problems sleeping. I still get up to pee about 3 times a night, and then I usually get up to let the dog out around 5am. No troubles falling back to sleep though!
Best moment this week: I've been VERY good about taking walks lately. Despite the heat, Thor and I usually find time to take a brisk 30-45 minute walk.
Movement: None yet! I'm so ready to start feeling this baby moving around.
Food cravings: No crazy or strong food cravings. I had some killer ones in 1st trimester, but luckily that has passed.
Food aversions: I can pretty much eat anything again. Although, lately raw green bell peppers always sounds unappetizing, but I have still eaten them.
Gender: My gut feeling at this point is that baby is a girl, and Dave also has a feeling it's a girl.
Labor Signs: Ha, no, thank goodness.
Belly Button in or out? In, until I stretch my arms over my head and then it pops out! It's pretty gross. I think it's only a matter of weeks before it's fully out. Kinda excited about that. Strange, I know.
What I miss: I miss taking really hot hot hot baths every now and then. I am still taking a bath here and there but I'm keeping the water more warm than hot, and trying to keep the water lower than my whole belly. I don't want to cook our baby.
What I am looking forward to: My doctor's appointment on Thursday.
Weekly Wisdom: "The will to succeed is nothing without the will to prepare." We are preping for a med-free birth using the Bradley method. We start our series of classes the first week of September and both Dave and I are reading up on natural med-free births right now. They say that many women are not successful in achieving their birthing goals because of lack or mental and physical prep. So we have started prepping REALLY early.
Milestones: I'm now officially in the second trimester.
I think it's a smart decision to keep your baby and personal blog all in one. There's not enough time (especially once baby is here) to keep up with it all! Although, I must say the Apple iPad is a great thing to have around while nursing. It's small enough to prop on the boppy while feeding so you can easily keep up with emails, facebook, blog, online baby shopping ;) etc.
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that you're getting an early start with the Bradley method too...I was planning on going med-free, but we only read the book and prepared on our own. I ended up getting an epidural. I totally don't regret getting the epidural, but I know my friend went through all the classes and had a successful natural birth. Good Luck!
I love reading about your pregnancy! How exciting. I hope to be joining the club in the near future ; )
ReplyDeleteAlyssa, I would kill for the iPad! I'm happy that my iPhone is finally arriving to me in this Thursday. Haha, finally I'm getting with the current century and getting a smart phone. I'm really looking forward to the classes. There seems to be a very high success rate for the med-free way once the couple takes the class. So fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteBridget - :)!!!!!! Keep my updated and if you have any questions (since I'm an expert, yea right) please ask.