So our "scheduled" closing day was today. We found out yesterday that it will now be delayed because of a backup in paperwork. Not on our end, luckily, but on the lender's end. So we now sit and wait to hear back from them about when our closing will actually be. We had to make an amendment to our contract with the sellers that the closing would happen sometime between now and May 7th. Oh well.
We were slightly disappointed, but not devastated. Secretly we were just happy to hear that we are delayed, but not denied. Recently we have been hearing of some horror stories in this area of families getting denied days before their closing. So, whew! and boo! all rolled up in one. We don't mind waiting, because we really have not choice. Below is the a picture of the house:
This view is the view we will have from the master bedroom. It's great. We love the hill county. I love the thought of being able to see it every morning, and I love that we have no backyard neighbors! It will make our property feel a little bit larger not living right on top of more families behind our house. There aren't any projects slated for this undeveloped land, and as far as we know, someone actually owns it. Let's just hope that it remains this way for years to come! Please keep us in your prayers as we hopefully finalize the process of buying our first home.
The bluebonnets were gorgeous this year! Gorgeous and abundant! They are starting to go away now, but it really was nice to have such pretty wild flowers this year. Last year it was a very dry winter so they weren't like this at all. This winter it rained and it rained. So yay!
Dave, Thor and I went for a walk last week and I took my camera in hopes of finding a patch. I was so happy when we did! I've been dying to get a picture of my furbaby in the bluebonnets.



Hi! As I was searching blogs I came across your profile and was like "Is someone trying to steal my identity??" My name ia Amanda and I live in Houston Texas and I am a paralegal and I go by the nickname Amandahugandkiss! So I open your blog and...you have the exact same background as me!! Weird huh?!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, you have a very cute blog. I am addicted to Craigslist. I swear we are going to furnish the whole house using it!