Dave and I found out this very morning that we are pregnant. I'm still in disbelief at the magnitude of this news. We are beyond thrilled. We made the decision two months ago to add to our little family and I'm shocked at how quickly we were able to make that happen. It is a very exciting time for us right now, because we also just put an offer on house last night. So needless to say, it's a very busy Monday so far. I wanted to jot down some notes about this before I forgot, and I wanted to post this sometime in the new future, once we decide to start sharing the news.
Our immediate family all knows the good news as well as some of our very closest friends. The rest of the world will have to just wait for a big dramatic reveal (yea, right). We are very excited, but this is also VERY VERY new and early.
Our baby is the size of a poppy seed. I read that on a website this morning, and I'm in awe of how cool that is. I feel the need to protect my mid-section right now, even though there is a lot of protection around this little bitty poppy seed already. I spoke with my mom this morning and she warned me about taking it easy, and I know how hard that's going to be. I love walking my big monster dog and going to body pump at 5am. Luckily, I feel that I can still do those things so long as I'm not overexerting myself.
This is all so very cool.
Today is April 14, 2010, I am 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant:
Still pregnant :) Everyday that I get further along, I get more and more excited. We are still remaining cautiously optimistic as it's still that early period where we aren't quite in the clear yet. I read somewhere recently that once you conceive you have an 80% chance of carrying to full term, and once you hear the heartbeat for the first time, you have a 95% chance of carrying to full term. We have our first appointment April 28, 2010. I will be about 9 weeks and 4 days then. Coincidentally, that is also the day that we close on the house! So again, another busy day of both baby and house stuff. 2010 is shaping up to be one of the busiest years, ever. Marriage, honeymoon, house, baby, in that order. We won't know what to do with ourselves once everything settles down.
At week 7, I'm feeling okay. I've been getting more and more waves of general nausea and grossness. I'm having some crazy food aversions. Some days the thought of eating anything with meat makes me want to vomit, and some days that is all I want. Consistently I have been craving anything cool and fresh. Also saucy foods have made me gag, but pizza doesn't. It's odd. We have not had any really dinners at home lately because there is no point in Dave cooking for me when I'm being so picky. I'm also drinking more Sprite in the last couple of days than I have in my entire life. I'm looking forward to getting my appetite and my energy back as this is rather annoying. However, every day that I feel pregnant is a good day for me.
I have been working out a little bit, not quite like I was prior to finding out we were pregnant. It's hard to before work, and I feel absolutely drained by the end of the day. I have vowed to keep it up though.
Today is April 22, 2010, I am about 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant:
Late last week I started to really worry myself about not having any major symptoms, I had some soreness, so food aversions, and I was tired, but generally, I felt like I felt too good. Well today I do not. Other days I started feeling nauseous around 11am, and it will go in peaks and valleys, and will pick up again for dinner time. Today it started right out of bed. I felt sick in the shower, I was able to eat, and now I've been sick most of the morning. Yay for finally really feeling pregnant. We are less than a week away from our big first appointment.
The working out has seemed to nosedive. We are good about getting to the gym on the weekends, but it's so hard on the weekdays for us. If we go in the morning we have to be out of the house at the gym by about 5:30am. At nights it's hard because we don't get home till 6pm, and have to take care of the dog first, and then I am so pooped out, I'm ready for bed. We took a nice walk the other day from home, which I would like to start doing more of, at the very least.
Oh! I also just realized that we have officially known that I am pregnant for a month! Wow...it has felt like an eternity. I actually hope the rest of the pregnancy goes by slowly even though I am impatient, but I hope get a lot done, and to feel prepared. Ha!
Today is May 2, 2010, I am 10 weeks pregnant:
The world knows about our wonderful news! And by the world, I mean that Dave and I announced that we are having a baby on Facebook. So it's official :) Our first "big" appointment went very well! I had my first ever ultrasound and the baby looked and sounded great. The baby measured exactly at 9 weeks and 4 days, which was what I had thought. So the official official due date is November 27, 2010. No changes there. I was able to schedule almost every one of my upcoming appointments then too, so that is a relief and something to look forward to each month! We will find out the sex of our little one on June 23.
It was so surreal to finally get to see and hear our baby. Dave and I were in awe and a little freaked out by how much the baby was moving. It was SO cute already. Now that things are really starting to feel real, I'm beginning to enter a new stage of freak out mode. As in, I must read and absorb every baby book, nursing book, birthing book, pregnancy book that I can get my hands on.
We closed on the house so right now the little energy that I have left is trying to help get us packed and ready to get out of our current home. Hopefully once things so down a little I will have time and the energy to read the books I want too!
Here is our baby's first public appearance!
Two things to note about this adorable picture. 1) It is flipped upside down because our baby was situated "upside down." 2) I know, I know, I'm still listed as Amanda Jimenez. Give me a break, it's only been 4 months! I just did the name change form at my doctor's office, so from now on I will be A. Copeland. We get a laugh out of this because one day when we show our baby this picture, he/she may actually wonder if he/she was conceived out of wedlock!
I loved reading all about the baby. I am so excited for your guys. I liked what your mom said about "taking it easy" I said the exact same thing to Amanda!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are entering another exciting time in your life and it will be a great adventure.
Congratulations!