Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Big Dreams

I'm currently obssesed with looking for furniture for our new home!  I'm looking everywhere, and often.  I know that it won't be months until we actually start really furnishing our home, and it will be a slow and gradual process as the budget allows.  I just can't stop myself from looking though.  I look everywhere, Rooms to Go, Ikea, Ashley, Roomstore, mostly all just online right now. Then I also browse craigslist alot, because my real dream is to find a nice second hand set that just needs to be sanded and refurnished.   I would love to really put some elbow grease towards our home.

I also love browsing websites right now for any color and decorating ideas.  Our hopes are to eventually pull out any carpet that is on the first floor and lay down either tile or wood flooring throughout the entire first floor.  We are sort of torn about what we really want to do: tile, saltillo, or wood (laminate), but I know we will have a better idea once we actually move in.  The nicest thing about the home that we have bought is that it's like a clean slate.  Nothing NEEDS to be done right away.  Everything is in great shape and has been well maintained.  We will have plenty of time to save and plan any home improvement projects we would like to do.   Also being so fresh from looking at so many houses trying to decide on "the one" we both have a good idea of the types of things that are appealing to prospective homebuyers, whenever we go to resale our first home. 

And being addicted to HGTV right now helps to feed my obsession.    I can't wait to actually start working on some of our dreams for our house, but for now I'm just really enjoying the dreaming part.  It's much easier :).

No comments:

Post a Comment