Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 29, 2010

Honeymooners

Ahhhhhh, what a wonderful trip.  We needed this vacation so badly.  It was a wonderful time to just re-connect after the crazy wedding week/weekend and spend our entire time together.  I had such a fun time getting to tell people that we had just got married and that we were on our honeymoon.  I loved being able to be around Dave the whole time and get to adjust to calling him my husband, which I am still adjusting to now that we are back home in Austin. 

It was also glorious that we were away in Las Vegas for an entire 8 days and 7 nights.  Many people may think that 8 days in Las Vegas is entirely too long, we however, love Las Vegas.  On the 8th day there I was ready to go home, but usually by the 8th day anywhere I'm ready to be back in my own house. 


We stayed at the brand new resort and casino, Aria.  It opened a little less than a month before we arrived.  It was gorgeous and the service was great from everyone who worked there.  The Aria is just a small component of the construction of the City Center in the middle of the strip.  There are new hotels, malls, restaurants and office that make up this "city center."  For the most part the construction is almost completely done, but not all of the buildings are up and running.  It was also a super high tech room were we were able to control all of the lights, the curtains and temperature from a touchscreen frame, and also through the television.  We also had a very cool view from the 33rd floor of the mountain range (not the strip, which I was grateful for!)

The view from our hotel room. We were blessed to wake up to this sight for 7 glorious mornings. (Not to mentioned that our touchscreen control panel enabled is to pre-set when the curtains would open for us in the morning...now I'm just bragging.)

I just had such a good time.  We would take a little bit of time each day to do what each other likes, and then some time doing what we both like to do.  I liked the shopping, the visiting all the casinos, and walking the Strip. Dave liked the gambling such as the Poker tournaments, playing Craps, and slots.  Then we both loved playing Black Jack on a live table and I started playing Craps some later in the week. We also saw 3 Cirque de Soleil shows 3 of the nights (in order of favorite to least favorite): 1) Lion King, 2) The Beatles "Love", 3) Elvis by Cirque de Soleil.
Me being a dork and showing of my entree slip into the slot tournament!

Dave playing in his first poker tournament! (J pointed out that the lady to Dave's right looks like Phylis from the Office!)

We had a couple of really nice dinners while on our honeymoom, a steak dinner at Smith and Wollinski's, sushi dinner at Bar Masa at the Aria, and Oysters at an oyster bar in Harrahs. For breakfast on a couple of the mornings we would have a pastry or breakfast croissant from this awesome bakery in the lobby of the Aria.  It was called Jean Phillipe and it really reminded me of the bakeries back in Belgium and Germany.  Sooooo good! Soooo expensive too, so for the meals that we weren't splurging on, we tried to eat some cheapies.  One of the days we even did an All-Day pass to a buffet for the low price of 29.99 each!   This buffet was in the Excalibur and we stayed in and around this casino the whole day so that when it was time to eat we could just make our way to the buffet! 
Pastries and Cafe Au Lait from JPs.


All dressed up and ready for sushi.


Dave right before the Cowboys v. Vikings game at Aria's Sports Area on our last day in Las Vegas. 

On our last full day in Las Vegas, we stayed pretty much just in and around our hotel.  It was a big football Sunday and we woke up bright and early for the Cowboys game which wa on at 10am.  Dave kept saying all week that he would have to stake us out a spot in the sports area if we wanted to watch the game.  I really thought he was just being neurotic, but I'm so glad he knew what he was talking about!  We got down to the area around 7am, and by 7:45 you couldn't find and empty seat for the 10am game!  He had his bets in, his cigar, and his coffee and my husband was a happy happy man.  I even placed a parlay bet on the game which made it more fun to watch!  We must have been the only Texans there that were rooting for Favre.  I felt like a traitor....at least until the won!  
Our honeymoon pretty much rocked.

1 comment: