Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A perfect day

Our wedding was absolutely awesome!  It's funny when people put the high expectation of a wedding being the best day of your life.  It's even funnier when that is actually true.  I had so much fun with all the ladies & my mom getting ready.  Even though we had to start at 6am for our 1pm ceremony, we had a blast gossiping and getting pretty.  Hectic, but fun.

When I walked down the aisle with my dad to David, I was overcome with joy.  The ceremony felt so intimate even though we were being witnessed by over 150 people.  Our vows felt so right:

I, Amanda, promise
To love you without reservation
To honor and respect you
To comfort you in times of distress
To encourage you to achieve your goals
To laugh with you and cry with you
To grow with you in mind and spirit
To be open and honest with you
To stay with you for so long as we both shall live.
I take you my beloved
My best friend and chosen one
Through all of our lives together.
I give you this ring which is bound to my heart.
Wear it always as a symbol of my love for you.

I was so happy all day.  My face was exhausted by the time we left the reception from genuinely smiling the entire day.  It was such an honor to have so many of our friends and family member with us on our wedding day to share in such an exciting celebration for Dave &  I. 

Everything turned out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.  We owe so much to those who helped us make the day happen.  My parents were really the foundation which allowed for me to have the day that we both wanted.  Dave's parents were so supportive and also hosted a beautiful rehearsal dinner for us the night before our wedding.  My grandparents were so helpful running lots of the wedding related errands in San Antonio that had to be done leading up to the wedding.  All of our siblings and brother/sister-in-laws, our bridal party and their significant others.  Everyone!

Oh, and the weather!  The week of our wedding was the coldest week of January that Central Texas had seen since like the 80's, something about an artic blast coming from Alaska.  However, on the day of our wedding there was not a cloud in the sky and it was a crisp 48-50 degree day! Perfect.

I had the most amazing dynamic duo of photographers!  The photographer who did my bridal portraits, Monica Brown, (http://mjbphotography.weebly.com/) was there from start to finish.  Although, she has done numerous shoots before, our wedding was the first full wedding she had shot before on her own! Yay, for gaining more experience!  Then a wonderful friend and guest of ours, Christa Sherrad (http://www.sherrardphotography.com/), who also happens to be a photographer was at our wedding and took some absolutely gorgeous shots!



My Dad walked me down the aisle.


I kissed my husband for the first time.


Our parents were so happy!



Romantic pictures at the Mission San Jose in San Antonio,Texas.


We ate.



We were introduced to our guests!



We danced our first dance.


We caught a gorgeous sunset over the golf course.



And, we danced, alot!


And danced some more.



Cake!



Toast from my parents and sister.


Toast from the Copelands.


A little garter toss.


Bouquet toss.


And, we are off!!!

(All photos above where taken by Christa Sherrard of Sherrard Photography. Love 'em!)

2 comments:

  1. EEKS! I'm so glad my photos made it on to your blog! I was so glad I could be there. I wanted to do the photography for you as a wedding gift to you and i'm glad I was allowed that opportunity. I love you Amanda! You looked gorgeous. I have your photo printed in my office for all my clients to see...the colors on the metallic paper really pop. P.s. your uncle really wanted a copy of the pic i took of all the brothers together...could you make sure he gets his wish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the best gift that anyone could have given us. Truly! Thank you so much for being there. I love you, too! We can't wait for your nuptials in June!

    I will definately make sure all of my uncles get a copy of that picture of them!!!

    ReplyDelete