Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 8, 2010

A manly dessert!

Dave and I went back and forth about what dessert I was "allowed" to bring to Superbowl Party!  I wanted to bring cupcakes because I have been wanting to make some in my brand new cupcake pans that we got a a gift for our wedding.  Dave, however, informed me that that is not an appropriate dessert to bring to a Superbowl Party.  This information was also followed up with what was appropriate food to eat at a Superbowl Party: wings, chips, pizza, beer, pigs in a blanket, ect.  Wow...have I got a lot to learn.  So Dave got a recipe of a "manly" (ie FATTENING) dessert from a co-worker, and I figured I would give it a shot!


All the ingrediants needed for Bill Nicholson's *Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
*We used the world famous Round Rock Donuts instead of KK.


2 dozen donuts (minus the two donuts that we ate) cubed


Adding the liquids and other ingrediants


Put into a casserole dish


Butter Rum sauce (butter, powered sugar, and rum)


Baked for an hour and glazed with the Butter Rum Sauce.


This is somewhat feastive because bread pudding is a real New Orleans treat!  Dave had to help me out with the rum sauce because that was a little bit tricky. This is definately a dessert we will make again! Let me know if you would like the recipe!
Here are some fun pictures of my guys on Super Bowl Sunday before we headed over to JonO and Lexi's.







On Saturday we went up to Harker Heights to visit with my parents and see Sarah sing in the Region Choir.  Thor took the trip with us and spending the day and night at his granparent's house really wears him out!

We had such a good time a the party and I'm so glad that the Saints won. Dave's team is the Titans, so by default that who I usually route for, however, Dave also has ties with New Orleans, so we were definately routing for the Saints.  And they won.

No comments:

Post a Comment