Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Identity Crisis & Wedding Planning Updates

So, I knew long ago that when I got married, without a doubt I would take my husbands name. When I met Dave and found out his name was Copeland I was pleasantly surprised because that is a really nice last name. I'm really excited and honored about changing my name, however at the same time I can't help but feel a little sad about losing Jimenez. I love the last name Jimenez because it's mine and my parent's last name and it embodies the Mexican heritage that I come from. I've been throwing around the idea of hyphenating to Jimenez-Copeland, but that seems really silly and I always give people the eye slant when I hear a hyphenation. I know, I don't mean to judge, but it just happens. Plus, Dave does not want to hyphenate our children's last names once we are blessed with children, so then I realize there would not be a point in my hyphenated last name. I've also thrown around the possibility of dropping my middle name and putting Jimenez in it's place, but I really like Marie as my middle name.

In the end, I know I will simply change my name to Copeland and drop Jimenez. I'm I am really so excited about it, I just need to learn a new signature! Also, I hear legally changing my name can be a pain in the rear, but it will be so very worth it. Amanda M. Copeland, has a nice ring to it, no one will ever suspect the mexican lady whom it belongs to.

We are going to look at rings this weekend and I'm pumped! I found a ring that I feel in love with at the Zales Outlet in RR, that was really reasonably priced for the quality. I love the vintage look of any wedding ring and because my engagement ring is a solitaire I feel like I have so many options. I think I may want a solitaire ring enhancer, or a wrap, but I'm worried that on days I just want to wear my wedding ring, I won't have that option & will need to get another ring. Hmmmm, so that may work in my favor. I also am pretty sure that D and I have picked out his ring, but he needs to be sized so that I can order it. Everything is becoming so real as the time is flying by. I know that I complain a bunch about the things that must be done, but occassionally I step back and try and enjoy even the stresses of planning. Many years later, I hope that I will look back and remember this time of planning our wedding and starting our lives together fondly.

Oh, something else that is WAY cool, is that my dress has gotten altered and is ready to go for my bridal portraits on December 5th!!! The portraits are going to be taken in Austin around 3 in the afternoon in hopes of getting some nice twilight pictures as the sun goes down. Dreamy, I know. I hope that we can take some at the capitol and then also on S. Congress there are some really neat buildings and a cool Welcome to Austin mural. My veil is my next big focus. I will be wearing my mom's veil that she wore for her wedding almost 30 years ago. It was exactly what I wanted before I even so it in person. I had seen lots of pictures of the veil, but it looked SO eighties. However, when I saw it at my parents house several months ago, I loved it. It needs some restorations and some serious TLC on the lace, but my grandma seems pretty confident that it will be wedding ready for me. I'm really looking forward to wearing it and then to keep it in our family in hopes that one day I can pass it down.

Oh, also! All out-of-state wedding invitations have been mailed....Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment