Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 19, 2009

IBM 10K

What a wonderful weekend!!! Friday after work Dave and I went on our "date night." We went ring shopping at the Lakeline Mall. I was able to find the ring I loved in after only the 3 stop! I love love love it. Dave got fitted at one of the stores and I ordered his ring on Sunday from Tungsten World online. I also had out wedding date enscriped in the ring in ComicSan font. We went back and forth about this, I wanted it to be enscriped in a nice cursive font, elegent, but Dave wanted Comic type font because he loves comic books. What a big dork, but he won because it is his ring, afterall! So following shopping we had dinner @ Fuddruckers. Believe it or not, this was the first time I had ever eaten here, and it was so-so.

Saturday we layed extremely low and spent most of the day with Dave's dad, Reese. Reese brought over a massive amount of barbeque for lunch & dinner. We watched UT Football, drove to the spot where we were running the next day just for a run through, saw Whip-It and ended the day by watching a couple of boxing matches on Showtime. It was an overall very enjoyable day and Dave & I had a good time hanging out with Reese.

Sunday morning, Dave and I headed out for our first race together! It was SO much fun. I really enjoy that now I have a lifetime running partner. We did so much better than I anticipated, too. We ran an average 10:30 minute mile for the 10K and finished our race around 1:07. I'm so glad my parents & sister were able to make the race, too, because I completely forgot my camera that morning. Mom got some good pictures.

This is Dave & I right before the race started @ 8:00 a.m. It was a cold morning in Texas!


Right after the gun went off!

This was around mile 4, finally some downhills allowed us a chance to smile and enjoy the run.


Finishers! Yay! After the race.
We are still in the middle of our training program and the next official race on the books for us is on February 14, 2010. Austin 1/2 Marathon!


No comments:

Post a Comment