I've mostly all of a sudden gotten really excited about Halloween because this means that we will be able to stay at home and pass out candy to all of the kids in our neighborhood! Yay! Also, Halloween is on a Saturday night this year so we should hopefully get a steady traffic flow of kids. Dave suggested we even dress Thor up as Frankenstein. How funny would that be. He may scare kids away though, so more than likely he will stay in the backyard.
This weekend Dave is going to College Station for the OSU v. A&M game. Go Cowboys! My parents are going to come down on Saturday to keep me company and hit up some stores. I am hoping to get my Halloween decorations this week. I'm only looking a couple of things because however ever much I want to go all out for the holidays this year, any extra ounce of money we have for extras is going for wedding related items. Things I'm looking for:
1) 2 good sized pumpkins for carving. I want to carve one and one for Dave.

2) A fun door decoration, or possibly even a scary door cover. Ohhhhhhhh.

3) A candy bowl

4) Halloween candy, however, I'm pretty sure that if I can hold off and wait till the Saturday morning of Halloween I will be able to start getting the discounted candy.

5) Ideas and recipes for a Halloween themed appetizers, dinner & dessert. I may try and have a couple that we are friends with over if they are not working/going out. If not it will just be a fun dinner for Dave and I.
I think when the weather really starts to change I get excited about the holidays. This morning was cooler than normal, even though last night when I went to bed it was 89 degrees out still! I'm also more excited about the holidays this year because our wedding is shortly after and this is our last holidays as single people and this transition to a married couple has been exciting in general. So hopefully I do not go overboard with the Halloween stuff and still have energy and money left for Thanksgiving and for Christmas!
I totally know what you mean about handing out candy in your own house! we've never had our own house to pass out candy with on Halloween and to do it with Mike will be so much fun! We've already stocked up on tons of candy because the base will be sure to be super crowded. We want to order Huey a hot dog costume to wear also!
ReplyDeleteGuess what??? IT"S COLD!!! Well, cooler for a little while anyway!
ReplyDelete