Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Working around the house Saturday

Saturday started out with an awesome 5 mile jog with Dave & Thor at 6:30a.m. Then we got ready, and headed out to the grocery store for the upcoming weeks meals and really stuck to our list and bought almost ever single item with a coupon or the item was on sale. Yeaaa. With the combo loco deals and all additional coupons we saved $24.75. By far the most we have saved on any single grocery trip. That made me happy. We then came home and had a late breakfast around 11am which consisted of any and all leftovers we had in the fridge.


Prior to heading out to the store when I was doing an inventory of our fridge & freezer to see what we needed to buy I realized that my frozen rotten banana stash was getting out of hand, I had about 6 rotten bananas stashed in the freezer. Time to make banana bread, found a recipe and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the only ingredients I was missing was sour cream, cinnamon, and walnuts. Yay. So I made banana-walnut-raisin bread from scratch and it came out really good! Dave even liked it and he is the biggest critic. Success.




Dave worked on replacing airvent things and hanging up our last picture frame. He also worked on putting up our "nightstands".






We just have not been able to find nightstands that we want so Dave suggested doing these shelves for now and eventually getting real nightstands. I'm happy with them so far. We need a bed post next. All in due time.


Thor & Hardin were very helpful today too, they stayed out of the way :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment