Dave & I spent some time apart this weekend. It was probably the most amount of time we have spent apart in a really long time! It was a full Saturday apart....crazy! I know. We live on the edge.
I needed to go to San Antonio for some wedding things that Dave really did not need to help out with, picking colors for table cloths, napkins and centerpieces that will be used at our wedding reception. You see, Dave is color blind & Dave is also stubborn sometimes. He will insist that a color is a color, and will fail to admit that it may not necessarily be that color, and that he is in fact color blind. Like reds, he will often see them as brown. Greens are hard for him to tell sometimes, too. Blues he can see really well, and that is his favorite color and a main reason we are using blue as our main wedding color. Anyways, Dave being color blind is something that I really love about him, I don't know why, I think because it makes him different and it's fun sometimes to tell him, "noooo Dave that is purple, not orange."
Okay, well that was not the point of this blog, where was I. Oh, yes, time apart. My parents came to our house bright and early Saturday to pick me up and take me to San Antonio since I had asked my mom, sister and grandmother to accompany me. Dad did the driving and we all caught up on the way to San Antonio. We went to my 11 o'clock appointment with the venue man, then did lots of shopping and poking around. Watched the Little League World Series game, Mexico vs. Canada. Mexico won, of course. Had lunch at a Chinese Buffet! Yum! Seriously. Chinese buffets are my guilty pleasure. Half the time they aren't even that good really, but I think that every so often a Chinese buffet will be good enough that makes me what to try another. I did really well though and did not overly stuff my face. My mom, grandma, Sarah and cousin then went to Florisville to drop my cousin off at home and got to hang at my aunt and uncles a little bit. Then back to P-ville to my honey. I missed him, and I told him how much I missed him when I got home, and he said, "eh, it's the same as being away from each other for work, Monday-Friday." And I was like, "Oh, I guess you are right."
Sunday, Dave and I slept in!! Wooohooo. We never sleep in because we usually can't with Thor acting insane in the mornings like he ALWAYS does. He will run back and forth around the house, jumping on his couch, and then back off, and then jumping on our bed, and then jumping off when we yell "Thor OFF!" Well, Sunday, Dave threw Thor in the backyard around 5am (Thor's normal wake-up time), and it was heaven. We were able to sleep in until 7am!! We had to do our long run this morning, so we slowly took our time getting ready, sipping some coffee, stretching and putting on our sneakers. We didn't leave the house for our run until about 8am, when it really started to get too warm. We did approximately 5 miles and Thor about died. We had to take a route back that we knew would take us pass water so Thor could get a sip.
After we got home from our run, we got ready for the day, tidied up a little bit, then head for some shopping. We went to Toys R Us to Dave's nephew (our nephew :o) ), Reese, a gift for his first birthday, then to Ikea for some browsing, then we went and saw District 9 (blaaaah), then to the Copelands house for dinner and to drop off our gift for them to take to China. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse (YUM!) with the Copelands and then Dave & I headed home. Our evening was nice and relaxing, just played with the pups, got ready for the week and then watched True Blood before heading to bed...
Life was really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment