Dave and I already have a date for our very first Valentine's Day together as a married couple.
We will be running the Austin Half Marathon on the morning of V-Day! So excited that we have decided to take this goal on together. I could not be happier than training weekly with my fiance. We started our 26-week training program on Tuesday of this week. We actually started 2 weeks early accidentally because Dave originally wanted us to run a race on January 30Th in Dallas, but we decided running more locally would be a better idea. (I hate sleeping in an unfamiliar bed the day before a race.) The extra two weeks for training will actually work out really well because for about 2 weeks in January we will be so consumed with the wedding events and the honeymoon.
Right now the training is jogs on Tuesdays and Thursdays, cross training on Fridays, and long runs on Saturday morning, light jog/walk on Sundays. Monday and Wednesday will be our rest days. We have been getting up at 5:00 am to do our jogs and then tomorrow we may sleep in till 5:30 for our long run, which will be 3 miles for our first long run. This program seems to be really good and a nice gradual start for both Dave and I. Right now I would say that we are starting out somewhat in shape. We are both pretty active and were working out regularly about a month ago, but have slacked off since then. I hope that we can really stick to this and that my ankles and Dave's knees hold out for the training. I keep reminding us that the key is to really really gradually build up to avoid injury and burn out and naturally get stronger. The peak run in this program is 11 miles with about 3 8 mile runs total, and a bunch of 5-7 mile runs.
Totally do able. Click here if you are interested in checking out the link to the marathon we are planning on running. There is also a cool countdown on that website counting down till the race.
155 days till I'm Mrs. Amanda Marie Copeland!!!
190 days till we run the Austin Marathon!!!
We are skipping our cross training today (I know I know, skipping a work out on the first week!) because are going to the batting cages to get ready for our next softball game on Monday! I'm not even sure if I've even mentioned in this blog that Dave and joined a softball league! We have been playing with the Austin Heat for the past month and it has been so much fun! It is a ten week season, 8 games, and we have played 3 games so far with one bye week. We haven't won a game yet, and we haven't just lost all of our games, we have gotten MURDERED. I can honestly say that I have matured a lot because I have not taken our lost badly because 1)our team really is not great, 2) I'm having that much fun. In high school and just naturally in life, I'm competitive to a fault. I know that it originates from the competitiveness that I have always had with my brother and transpired into a lot of aspects of my life.
Wow! That's one big, challenging date! I don't think I'd ever run a marathon, but I've thought about training for some shorter runs. When are you getting married? Congratulations!
ReplyDelete