I'm trying to be a better blogger, I really am. Right now everything is just kinda jumbled up. We are technically still living out of two places. We sleep and live out of the new house, however we still have a lot of our utilities at the old apartment: washer, dryer, TV, Internet & mail. We stop over there at least once a day to check the mail and maybe do some laundry but I have not been getting online from home at all.
This blog is being written at work, while on my lunch hour of course.
So life has been rather stressful lately, more so than normal, but still manageable. The move has really taken us out of our normal routine and tested our time management skills. Additionally things just keep popping up that need to be dealt with or paid for. As in every move it can get expensive, but add a vet bill for a visit and a surgery on top of that, as well as a brake and blinker light that needs to be fixed (which may not be covered under warranty for some really dumb reason) and a ticket for turning right on red downtown...There have also been some little quirks with the house that have forced me to take some time off of work and deal with. Once the water was turned on we discovered the shower and the toilet in the master bedroom weren't working so that had to be fixed, and the water that was coming out of all of the pipes was soooo stagnant that any time all of the faucets ran the house filled with a sulphur smell. yummy! we ran all of the pipes at once for a while, opened all of the windows and doors and just dealt with the smell till the water heater and all of the pipes were clean.
Lately, it just seems as though if it's not one thing, it is another and D and I just cannot get ahead no matter how hard we try. I have been in a really poopy mood to Dave lately and he has been wonderful. He knows all to well at what times of the month he is allowed to joke with me and when to leave me alone (TMI? possibly, but that is life). He is also really good at reminding me that sometime That Is Life. Things Happen. Things often happen that are out of my control that make feel out of control. No matter how much I complain, I know that D and I are oh so very blessed and in the end the material things really don't matter. I also know that everything is a test for us right now with our first home together. These little trials and tribulations are just quizzes for our next step when we eventually become home owners and not just renters.
Side note about the house: The neighbors that we have met so far have been really cool! (with the exception of one odd one next door with 4 dogs who love to bark at 3a.m.) We have met the guy who lives right next door with his sister. He has created a real MAN CAVE out of the garage and works mornings. Every evening when we have been getting home from work their garage door is open and he is just hanging out on the couch in the garage that is also equipped with a weight bench, full-sized fridge, TV, couple of chairs and i think a dart board. I haven't met the sister yet. Then we met our neighbor about 2 houses down, and one that lives across the street.
Tonight we are finally moving the TV to the house because the cable and internet guy is coming on Saturday. The exterminator is also coming on Saturday and an appliance man to fix our fridge....busy day, I know.
Wedding planning update: booked and met with and signed contract for the DJ. Seemed like a really cool guy. My mom did 100% of the leg work getting this guy and I was really glad with how it worked out. The next thing on our lists of to-dos is a florist as well as meeting with the wedding coordinator of our venue to get the tablecloths and center pieces picked. Theses two tasks, much to D's relief, will definately be a girl thing and I hope mom, mama, and sister will be around. All four BM's dresses have been ordered...D is scoping out tux places for the guys. Some upcoming DIY's (Do It Yourself's): Invitations, card box, favors, flower girl ball, pillow, unity candle...and more that I am forgetting for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment