Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 27, 2009

1001 Things to Ask Before You Get Married

I came across a really funny website this morning! It is called STFU, Marrieds. It is a website dedicated to calling out married couples & couples, in general, who write stupid Facebook/MySpace/Twitter updates either back and forth or just one sided. Some of them were so funny. My favorite was the one where a man would post about what he was doing or buying and then the spouse/babies mama would comment asking why they could post a status update but can't return a phone call/text. Very entertaining and also a great reminder that no one wants to know your mushy business & I should keep my updates free of that! I have to admit, sometimes I too am guilty of TMI. I don't really feel like people pay much attention to my posts, so I just say what I feel or mean! Well, anyways, the website is definitely worth browsing.

Yesterday, on my lunch break I went to Half-Priced Books to peruse a little bit and to look for a CD I wanted. While I was there I made my way over the the Self-Help/Relationship section because OF COURSE everything that I do now a days is wedding related (I seriously have issues). There I found this book:


Although, Dave and I have tackled a majority of life questions about one another, such as kids, religion, values, beliefs, education, careers, yada yada. However, I think this book is going to be a good relationship building step for us. I have been flipping through the book and so far it looks like we are going have a good time, or, let me re-phrase that. I will have a good time. Dave would probably prefer to be water boarded, but it will be good for us! The book starts out by discussing how to manage differences in answers, and almost ventures out to call it conflict management. Should be interesting. I've always known that planning a marriage is way more important than planning the wedding even if it's not as fun. I have even discussed going to couples counselling with Dave prior to getting married. The thing is, Dave and I don't have any SERIOUS issues...we have issues that's for sure, like we are both tremendously stubborn and that creates a majority of our disagreements. It is something that I am very aware & of course, I'm working to improve it....

I'm looking forward to working through this book during the next 135 days until the wedding. My goal is to work through 2 chapters a week...I'm hoping I'm low-balling out ability and that we are able to get through it quicker, because it's so much fun! Wishful thinking....possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment