Sunday, Dave & I along with JonO and Lexie went to the Hot Sauce Festival in Waterloo Park in downtown Austin. Lexie has decided that it would be great if we could all get together and continue to do couple things that are inexpensive to do. She got the Austin Chronicle and has been finding fun stuff for us to try in our own city. The Hot Sauce Festival was free with the donation of 3 canned goods from each person. So not only is it low cost, we are giving back!
Well, anyways, we all piled up in the Jeep with our folding chairs and headed downtown for some Hot Sauce. It was really fun and very Austin. If you live here, or have ever visited here you know what I mean when something is very Austin. This city is so diverse, it's a mixture of hippies, liberals, yuppies, working people, business people, cowboys, college students, you name it. We had a really good time tasting all sorts of hot sauces.
When we got back home I walked through the frontyard chasing after Thor I found a swimming pool in our own front lawn! Apparently a pipe busted somewhere in the front lawn and there were several different puddles everywhere. After calling the city and learning that it is a customer issue, meaning that a plumber must be called, all they could do was turn our water off for us. Yay...no water. I quickly showered while Dave ran around the house filling bottles of water (the dogs would still need water) and filling big buckets with water so that we could flush the toilets. The water eventually got turned off and Dave learned how to turn it on and off. Problem solved for the night.
Monday I had already planned to take the morning (which turned into the whole day) off because we were having the washer/dryer delivered. I thought it would work out because hopefully the plumber would come during that same time. Wrong. Our water was not fixed until Tuesday afternoon. We finally had water when we got home Tuesday after work. So we had all these dirty clothes and a brand new washer and dryer and no water! Oh well, it all worked out in the end and now life has fallen back into place.
However, Thor was not super happy about the delivery about the washer and dryer because it took up his space from the utility room.... I was at the table working on some wedding stuff and he sat in this position for about 5 minutes. He couldn't quite figure them out I guess.

As we like to call this around our house: A-THOR-ABLE
No comments:
Post a Comment