It has felt like non-stop for us lately. I knew that April would be a very busy time, but I think I seriously underestimated it!
Last weekend was Dave's birthday and Easter. It was so busy for us, but so much fun at the same time! Friday we went to Texas Roadhouse with JonO, Lexie, Luke, Mandy and baby Summer. I really wanted to be domestic for Dave and bake him a cake or a pie, but it was a struggle to get out of him what kind of dessert he wanted. We kept going back and forth about it for at least a week because he isn't really one for desserts. However, I wanted to make him something. Then on Tuesday he finally decided he wanted a banana cream pie. So I looked up a great from-scratch-recipe and thought about it some, and then realized we don't have a mixer, and neither did our neighbors. I'm pretty sure one of the important things of a banana cream pie is getting the consistency right. I knew that I could not take another failure in our kitchen because I am still pretty devestated from my failed enchiladas about a month ago, so we scratched the pie. However, I ended up buying a delicious "Chocolate Bottom Banana Cream Pie" from Whole Foods and dropped it off at the restaurant on my way home from work. I really think Dave liked that surprise because it is so hard to surprise him in the first place.
Followed by dinner we went to a great comedy show! Very very funny. It was of Nick Swardson, whom I had never heard of before JonO suggested going. Friday was a blast.
Saturday, after sleeping in and recovering from a long night Friday, Dave and I had dinner with his folks at Abuelos. After dinner we went to see a flick at Barton Creek Mall and didn't get home till late again! Sunday was spent with my dad's side of the family in La Vernia for Easter. It was so good to see some of my cousins and again and I got to meet two new second cousins. My cousin Naomi had baby twin boys 6 months ago and they are adorable.
This week is the busy busy one because of all of the wedding events! It kicks off tomorrow afternoon for Jenny's Bacherlorette Party, Thursday evening is the bridal shower, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday, and then finally Jenny and Jake's big day on Saturday! Whew!
Oh, I'm graduating! Yay. Freakin' finally. It really has not been that long, it has taken me exactly 2 years to complete my masters, but almost a complete year to complete my Applied Research Paper. Oral exams on May 1st, Final FINAL Copy turned in on May 7th, and I walk the stage on May 15th @ 6p.m.!
No comments:
Post a Comment