Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 20, 2009

Lozano-Stewert Wedding Weekend

OMG. What a wonderful week of events. First of all, it was wonderful to get to see everyone again and all together at the same time. I miss my college friends and when we all get together like we were able to this past week, it feels so good. I remember the things I actually liked about San Marcos, rather than just those things that suck.



So, Wednesday night was the Bachelorette Party in downtown Austin. We stayed at the Omni, which was gorgeous! It was very nice, however, we also pay for that niceness. It was worth it though. One of the best things about this hotel was the pool and hottub on the roof, which unfortunetly, we did not get to use. Gorgeous view of the city. The evening started out with manicures and pedicures which was a lot of fun, we then went to the hotel and had cocktails and appetizers, caught up with each other and gave Jenny gifts. She loved them and was surprised by the lingerie so that made me happy. We had dinner at the Iron Cactus followed by going downtown. Great night and I truly hope it was a memorable one for Jenny to always remember. I know I will.




Thursday was the Bridal Shower. (Above is a picture of the bridal shower cake.) It turned out so beautifully. Mrs. Lozano had almost 100% to do with its elegance. There was no way that I could have pulled off what she did for the Bridal Shower, mainly because of resources, but also because I did not know that this was what she had envisioned. There was a great turnout of family and friends and great food also.






Picture of all of the wedding party at the rehearsal.





Friday was a whirlwind of a day. I had to work a half day in the morning, but we had to be in San Antonio for the evening. Dave and I dropped Thor off at the borders and lugged Hardin with us to San Antonio where he was going to stay with my Grandparents. The rehearsal was at the church and the rehearsal dinner was at La Paloma on the riverwalk. It was a lot of fun. We wanted to stay downtown longer because it was Fiesta in San Antonio, however,the lack of sleep had started to catch us with us. We turned in and headed back to my Grandparents pretty early. Once I got to my grandma's house I was so glad that she was still awake. We got to catch up and talk for a good hour or so. I was in bed by midnight though, which made for a full 7 hours of sleep, more than I had gotten all week.


We were up early on Saturday for the preparation of the wedding. Jenny asked that we be there at 10a.m. to start hair and makeup. Dave and I had some running around that we needed to do and we were also able to check into the hotel early. Needless to say, we were running behind and I was bumped down in the hair line to the last. I was sweating it for awhile, and I didn't no whether my hair was going to get done or not. Luckily, I was able to have it done in plenty of time. The ceremony was at 4:00, Riverwalk Boat ride was at 6:00ish, and then the reception was about 7:oop.m. till 11:00p.m. Everything was perfect and I could not be happier for Mr. & Mrs. Stewart. (whom are now on a honeymoon cruise right now :o) )



We didn't have either one of our babies last night at all. I'm sad, but it was also a relief. We were able to tidy things up a little bit and focus on unpacking and catching up on sleep. Hardin will be at my parent's house probably till about May 2nd, or possibly next weekend. Thor will come home tonight. Yay!



So, I also want to use some of this blog to rave about how wonderful Dave was to me last week. I was a serious crazy woman. I was uptight, stressed, exhausted, mean, and a bunch of other bad characteristics. He was so thoughtful of this and really just let me be and helped out where ever he could. I do not think I could have asked for more support from him then the support he gave, especially because he thinks wedding stuff and such events are silly. I will pat myself of the back though, I was always quick to apologize to him, I just wish I was such a B and I would not have had to apologize so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment