Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 6, 2009

A little background....

I told Dave I desperately wanted "us" to have a blog. I love the couples blogs that I have browsed. I knew that I would be taking on a majority of the responsibility of updates, but I enjoy that.(Editor's Note: He told me no, so this is a surprise to and for him. Hahaha.) So I started this blog for us, but mainly I will be updating, so I guess that technically makes it "my" blog. But, uh, whatever, anyways:

Dave and I have been dating since November 2007. We met in San Marcos, Texas while we were both graduate students studying to get our Master of Arts in Legal Studies. Since then Dave graduated in December of 2008 and I am anticipating graduation on May 16, 2009. We moved to Pflugerville together May 2008 and have lived there since. Since merging our lives together we have also acquired an absolutely wonderful puppy, Thor. So now Dave, Amanda, Hardin and Thor makes four.

Lots of ups and downs the last year and half, but I can honestly say way more ups than downs. I have also learned a lot about myself and feel like I've grown up a lot. Needless to say there is still a lot of growing both Dave and I have to do both as individuals and as a team. I'm looking forward to any and all the challenges and exciting things the future has in store for us...like, possibly South Dakota. So much is unknown to both Dave and I. Sometimes that is thrilling to me, and other times, when I allow it be, it can feel overwhelmingly stressful. I know that I am very lucky to have a great support system from my parents, family and most definitely the best possible support from Dave.

So now I guess I will start the blogging about the current...This past weekend was both productive and enjoyable. We went up to Killeen for a garage sale at my parents house. We took some of our belongings as well, to sell and we earned a little bit of pocket change which will be very helpful for us this month. It was also a lot of fun with my parents. My mom kept us fed the entire time and helped so much with the peddling.

I love the diversity of the Killeen/Harker Heights/Coppers Cove populations. The people that come to garage sales are also always entertaining. We were on the go peddling our junk from about 6:00a.m. until 2:30p.m. We then headed to the post with my parents, my sister and 2 of her little friends. We went to Ft. Hood's PowerZone and found some good deals! I forget what it is like to be tide to the military and the benefits of no tax all the time. Then we headed home, exhausted and sun burnt, but just a little bit richer.

Sunday was a nice and relaxing day. I cleaned up a little bit and wrote for several hours in the morning and early afternoon while Dave went to his folks house to spend some time with his Dad. Thor is such a good companion during the day when not much is going on. When he was a puppy and we first started taking him to the dog park I remembered this one man, also the owner of a rottie, would ask me if he was following me around like a shadow yet. I was like, "uh huh, he sure does." But at that time, Thor was maybe 4 months old and he didn't really, not enough to be noticeable at least. However, now he really is like a shadow. If he isn't taking a nap he will come with me from room to room and get comfortable while I'm in that room. Then when I leave he is right there with me. For the most part, this is nice and comforting, but when I'm bustling around trying to sweep and clean a 110lb dog following me around in a 930 sq. ft. apartment can get crowd. He and Hardin are my snuggles, nonetheless.

Sunday evening we went next door to Jon O's apartment. He had grilled hot dogs and wieners and Lexie prepared all of the fixings for an awesome dinner, that and Micheladas...yum!
Best of times/Worst of times this weekend:
Best: Spending time with Dave and my folks together, earning $$ from the garage sale, Micheladas.
Worst: I got sun burnt! It's the worst on my shoulders and I think I will have lines that may not disappear before Jenny's wedding! Also, I lost my first ever fishing rod :o(.
So that wraps up my first blogspot post. Hopefully I will be successful at remembering to post.

1 comment:

  1. Is it just super awful that I just now discovered your blogspot!?
    It is verrry cute. We had a blast at dinner! Thanks for making fajitas for us. Next time we can cook. I was thinking Pasta and fancy salads, perhaps. Good luck on graduation!!! Let me know if you guys have any big plans. :)

    ReplyDelete