We are due late February/early March. I am having a really hard time giving this baby a due date, especially the one my doctor has given us. With Olivia, my body was clockwork, and had always been. I went in to the doctor, and I could give them date of conception, and the very first ultrasound reflected that date, so it was perfect in my mind. She still ended taking 11 extra days inside, but I was comfortable with that. This time around, totally different. Month to month my body and my cycle were so completely different. I could have sworn I wasn't as far along as they were dating me at, and then we had our first ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, and baby only measured 2 days smaller than they were predicting, so we have to stick with our official doctor prescribed due date. Which is fine, and I warned my doctor about no discussion of induction or pushing for anything to speed the process along until 42w1d. Thankfully, I love my doctor, and she is one of the more hands-off and let nature take it's course doctor. We will get one more ultrasound around 20 weeks or so, and then she pretty much leaves me alone, aside from blood pressure checks, the gestational diabetes test and monthly fundal measurements.
Guys, I have a sick secret, too. I love being pregnant. I don't know what it is, but I just feel happy. Even through the sickness (which I've had quadruple the amount this time than the first), and the food aversions, and the exhaustion, and the emotional roller coasters, I still love it. I think I'm mostly amazed with the process from start to finish, and how my body (and all women, for that matter) is so knowing and capable of creating, sustaining and producing life. Amazing, I tell you.
Olivia has been very excited along with us. She insists that it's a girl, and that we are going to name her Penny. She hugged and hugged the ultrasound and said, I love my sister so muuuuch. I tried to tell her that there was a chance that baby could be a boy, and she was not having any of that. I guess we will just have to cross that bridge if/when we get there.
What an exciting and scary time.
No comments:
Post a Comment