Yesterday, Olivia really seemed under the weather when I visited her at lunch. I took her temperature, and it was a little above normal, so I just gave her some teething tablets, and lunch and lots of cuddles.
After school she really seemed tired, so while we were at the daycare we took her temperature and it was 101.4. We took her to the after hours clinic and were told that she just had a cold, and it was peaking. It was a relief to rule out an infection, especially an ear infection.
Last night we just gave her a warm bath, and dinner, and took turns holding and rocking her to sleep. The fever finally seems to be coming down this morning. Olivia just went down for her morning nap, but has been in and out of feeling well all morning. I also think that she MAY be cutting the top two teeth, but I have regularly thought Olivia has been cutting teeth, with no luck. She currently has about a tooth and a fourth on the bottom.
I was so glad that this cold peaked when it did and we are able to have these three days to be with her. The doctor said if the fever doesn't go away by Monday we should bring her in again to rule out infection. Hopefully this is just a cold and Olivia begins feeling 100% soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment