Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I would marry my husband over and over again.

Not only does my husband clean, but he also cooks, and he is amazing at both.  I never knew that men could cook!  Ha.  Growing up my dad only grilled, so Dave cooking, and cooking extremely well, was a new experience for me.  Dave cooks 95% of our meals, and packs our lunches. I feel like this is only fair because I have been in charge of feeding the baby almost 100% of the time.  However this is starting to slowly change since Olivia is eat more of what we are eating.

I've been making most of Olivia's baby food and sometimes I get an itch to do a little cooking.   Usually I will just bake sometime to go with what ever Dave has made.

Our weekends, when we stick around the house, are very domestic.  We clean, we shop, and we prepare meals and menus for the weekend and the week.

Today Dave cleaned our entire upstairs while I tackled the downstairs and entertained Olivia.  When we have a "cleaning party" like we did today we are able to finish up all of the chores and the laundry in 2-3 hours tops.  We wake up, make coffee, have breakfast, turn on Pandora and then set about cleaning.  It's bliss.  Then we are free to play the rest of the weekend.

This evening we ended our night watching OSU v KState and chowed down on some home-cooked chicken wings, celery and homemade blue cheese dressing compliments of my amazing husband that I will never ever be thankful enough for.



No comments:

Post a Comment