Olivia still has not had any solids, or anything other than breastmilk, yet. I feel as though she is developmentally ready to begin eating solids, but we plan on waiting until she is at least 6 months old. I want to be FOR SURE that she is physically ready to handle solids and there really isn't any rush, right? She will be eating food for the rest of her life, so delaying it a couple of more weeks does no harm.
I read about this fun way for Olivia to enjoy some breastmilk on a warm day and figured we would give it a shot!
Breastmilk Pops!
Simple: pour expressed breastmilk into an ice cube tray, stick a pacifier in the milk (provided a nice little familiar handle for baby), and then freeze.
As you can tell from the picture above, Olivia was not too sure about the cold factor. She sort of got the hang of what she was supposed to do by the end. It was a lot of fun to watch and see her try to figure this cold substance out. Although, O isn't teething yet, I would imagine these breastmilk pops would feel nice on her gums once she does.
The pops became a sticky mess and called for a quick rinse off in the kitchen sink which she loved! It still hasn't been warm enough for the pool, unfortunately, but I'm thinking (hoping! praying!) she will enjoy the water.
I'm pumped about taking Olivia swimming for the first time. My all time favorite thing to do as a kid, and even now, was to do anything in the water. I even bought a new swimsuit this weekend. A "mommy" swimsuit, meaning my first non-bikini since I was like 12. I'm hoping by Memorial Day weekend the water will be warm enough and we can go for a dip.



I hadn't heard about the breast milk pops. Cool idea!
ReplyDeleteLove that you bought a mommy swimsuit! I did the same thing around that time and I think it was my first non-bikini since I was 12 as well! I have to same it makes me feel all grown-up and mommyish! Also, love the breasticle!
ReplyDelete