Olivia is slowly starting to realize that Thor exists. Thor has been well aware that Olivia is around since the day we brought her home. I'm not quite sure what he thinks about Olivia. At first, he was extremely curious and would bully his head against our legs for just a sniff of her little toes. Now he really isn't too interested in being near her unless we are all on the floor for tummy time. At that time he just wants to be involved, I think. We often find him in the guest bathroom downstairs when Livy is being particularly fussy. Dave thinks that the crying stresses the poor guy out.
Olivia, on the other hand, LOVES her dog. She is starting to get really excited whenever he walks into the room or into her line of sight. She loves petting his big head, while being supervised, of course. It has always been one of my biggest hopes for the two of them to be the best of friends. Maybe one day!
The video below is of Olivia in the walker that Grandma Jimenez bought for her. So far, we absolutely love the walker, even though her little legs don't quite reach the floor. Olivia has been really happy getting to play and be upright while in the walker. I think by the time that her feet actually touch the floor this little girl will already be walking!
I feel like Olivia's personality is really beginning to come out. I'm still not quite sure how it is going to be for the most part, but I'm learning. I'm slowly learning which toys she is beginning to prefer, and how she likes to be held when she is in a certain mood. I'm learning that she has learned to get upset when I take something away from her, particularly paper, which she likes and I don't like her playing with, yet. I've learned that her absolute sweetest cuddle times are right before bed. Olivia loves to fall asleep holding one of our fingers with one hand, and a blankey with the other hand. And almost every morning when Olivia wakes up, after she gives us her huge morning smiles, she starts blowing crazy loud raspberries. Last weekend, Olivia has begun getting up on her knees ever so slightly. There is zero coordination between her lower and upper body, so getting up on her knees has only caused her to do a little face plant.
Oh, and we met another milestone recently. Olivia has conquered her very first cold! It took almost two full weeks, one sick day, and one doctor's visit before it seemed like it was finally gone. I think both Dave and I must of caught it though. At first Dave thought it was only allergies, so he was taking allergy medications, but that didn't seem to help at all. I've just been trying to fight it with vitamins, OJ, sleep and rest. Praying that it goes away soon, or at least doesn't get any worse.
Each week brings something completely new and exciting to our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment