Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Two Month Check-Up - Our little shorty

Our baby girl is 2 months old!  Crazy.  We had her 2 month check-up and shots yesterday.  Dave was not able to go because of work, and I had to brave the dreaded shots alone with Olivia.  It was not as bad as I had anticipated, but it also wasn't a blast.  She cried, and of course, I shed a few tears as well. 

Olivia now weighs 11.1 pounds, and is 21.5 inches long!  She is our little shorty! 

The check-up went well, and Olivia checks out as completely healthy.  The skin rash/eczema that she had for a week or so has completely clear up!  Thank goodness. 

Recently we have discovered that Olivia loves naked time!  Gammie has been watching Livy for the past two weeks and she has been able to get the most smiles and cooing when Olivia is down for a diaper change and her diaper is off.  Our little nudist :)

She also loves laying down on the changing table in her bedroom without her diaper on.  She just coos and kicks and smiles.  This time with Olivia every morning is one of my absolute favorite times of the day.  Even the mornings we are running short on time to get out of the house for work, I try and take extra time with her when she is in  this calm and happy state. 




My little naked baby. 



We are getting more and more smiles from Olivia and she has great visual focus. 

Right now Olivia is mostly sleeping through the nights.  She will fall asleep for the night around 9 or 930 and will usually only get up once around 2-3 to eat.  She will then go back to sleep till about 5 am.  This is when she is usually up with us for the rest of the morning while we get ready for work.   Although this is usually how nights go for us, once or twice a week she will be extra hungry and get up several times a night to eat.  

I absolutely love the age our little baby is right now and I wish I could freeze her at this stage.  I told my mom that this past weekend and she told me that she felt that exact same way with all of us!  She told me that each time her babies would do something new she felt that way.  I know our time with Livy is just getting more and more precious and I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. She looks great. A little Mexican Dave. I never see myself in my kids. Everyone else does. Olivia though has Dave all over her face. LOL. If you don't video...I suggest get all you can. The worst bit of advice from a friend of mine was that you don't need a video camera. I feel sorry for their loss. I video everything I can and take as many pics as possible.
    Logen is a naked lover too. He finds it funny when you get that diaper off to turn over as fast as possible and try to get away. He is like a mixed martial artist on his back. It never gets old.
    I'm jealous of the hair by the way.
    Ya'll take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, Fanda spends half of his day without a diaper, wearing just a onesie. He loves it and it also helps prevent any diaper sores... a combination of "airing time" :-) and exclusive use of cloth diapers means that our baby has never had any bottom problems and I haven´t used any creams or lotions on him for months. The only time we had a rash was at two months when I used Pampers diapers when going away for a weekend... never ever again! a few days of Pampers and it took a few weeks to clear that up!

    ReplyDelete