Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 7, 2010

37 weeks and 1 day

How far along? 37 weeks & 1 day

Weight gain? Very slightly under 40 pounds.  Apparently, I'm very good at gaining weight during pregnancy.

Stretch marks? It saddens me to say that they have finally gotten me.  They are very faint and few and only on the left side of my stomach under my belly button.  I know the real test will be seeing how many stretch marks I have gotten once my belly deflates.

Sleep: OMG, sleep has been amazing lately.  It must be due to the change of weather here, nights have been really cool and dipping into the 40s.  I get up once, maybe twice to use the potty, but have no trouble falling right back to sleep.  Thor must be sleeping better, too, because he is back to only getting me up around 4:45-5am when it's time for us to get up anyways. 


Best moment this week: Dave and I had a really nice low-key weekend at home.  He cooked some amazing meals, I did some baking, got a couple of nice long walks with Thor, and we did a lot of cleaning, organizing, yard work, and only had to run a couple of errands. 
Pumpkin Spice cookies.  Awesome & only uses two ingrediants.


Movement: Still a wiggle worm! I can see almost all of the movements through my shirt now, too.  Dave has been able see her move and he calls her our little alien.

Food commentary:  Nothing very special to report in this department. 

Labor Signs: More BH contractions!  Lots more.  Other than that, nothing really exciting, unfortunately.

Belly Button in or out? Slowly getting flatter! Yay.  It has also gotten really sensitive and itchy lately.  I truly think my skin is stretched to the limit, but yet Olivia is continuing to fatten up, so the belly keeps on growing.

What I miss:  I miss not having to take breaks when putting on socks and shoes. *SIGH*

What I am looking forward to: Dave is going to be coming to my doctor's appointments from now on! Yay.  So I'm looking forward to him being there with me this Tuesday.  We have a couple of questions about after-birth procedures done on the baby so we will be able to ask those then. 

Weekly Wisdom: Be patient!!!  I'm getting way too anxious about going into labor already, and in reality I could be storked up for another 4-plus weeks.  I'm really working on relaxing, enjoying uninterrupted nights of sleep, spending quality time with Dave and family, reading, leisurely walks, and taking long baths.  Things I know will go away temporarily once Olivia is here.

Weekly WTF:  My car broke down!!!  Usually Dave and I carpool to work, but it was on the day of my doctor's appointment so we had to drive separately.  Dave left for work before me and when I went to get in my car to leave it wouldn't start.  What also made this event even more fun was the fact that Dave forgot his phone at home.  So I cried, a lot.  Then I called my mother in law and she had my father in law come over and fix the car right up.  I am very very very lucky that we have family so close and that Reese knew exactly what to do for the car.  It was a battery issue, but he was able to jump it enough to get it running for the rest of the day.  Dave has since replaced the battery so we are hoping that is the cars only problem.

Nesting madness:   Bassinet was put up and all of the linens for it have been washed and ready to go.  Dave put together the dining room table my parents gave us.  We finally bought the comforter and pillows for the bed in Olivia's room.  I cleaned out both of our cars of all dog hair and drool so that baby can actually ride in either car.

Milestones: I am now in the 37th week of pregnancy, which means that if baby were born now, she would be considered full term! Huge deal in my book.  I turned 37 weeks, and in my mind, my job as an incubator was complete. :)  No rush though...lol, but seriously baby...you are allowed to come out now. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of Thor in Olivia's room, he's the perfect older brother, lol.

    ReplyDelete