How far along? 33w4d
Weight gain? 33 pounds. My lower back is beginning to feel it a little bit.
Stretch marks? Nope, none. Thank you sweet Olivia for growing at a gradual and steady rate.
Best moment this week: Another doctor's appointment down! I only have 5 more scheduled doctor's appointments to go. I may have to make one more if I go past my due date, but I will tackle that should the time come. Another best moment this week was all of the baby shopping we got done! Her room is really looking pretty awesome. The bedding that I ordered should arrive today and this weekend we are building and painting her dresser that we bought unfinished from IKEA.
Movement: Ouch!!! I feel like this baby does not sleep from about 11am till 10pm. She is moving, hiccupping, rolling around, you name it. She does not seem to be a morning person as she is quietest in the mornings, but that could also be because that's when I am the busiest trying to get up, walking & feed the dog, and get ready for work. Work also is typically busier in the morning than the afternoons, but once I get a little bit of down time I feel her non-stop.
Food commentary: Not really much to say. Still trying to continue to eat healthy. I've been slightly hungrier lately, but I get full pretty quickly. The heartburn can get pretty bad so I'm trying to be more aware of what may be causing it.
Labor Signs: Not really. The BH contractions are definitely picking up! I will have anywhere from 3-6 a day. They aren't painful at all, but slightly more uncomfortable than I imagined they would be. I think that may be because I get them on our drive to and from work sometimes and I can't get up to move around.
Belly Button in or out? Out. The good news is that with the recent growth of my belly it's beginning to look slighty more discreet! Finally!!!
What I miss: I miss a good hard workout. I miss really sweating and being out of breath and getting tired from the workout. I get so easily worn out from a normal 30 minute walk that I'm discouraged and feel like I will never be in great shape again!
What I am looking forward to: Olivia's bedding is suppose to arrive today. I'm also looking forward to getting her bassinet from my aunt next weekend. She brought it to us in San Antonio, and we forgot to load it in the car and take it home. It works out well because now we have an excuse to meet in San Marcos for outlet shopping and lunch!
Weekly Wisdom: Every mother is doing what she believes to be the best things for her baby and family. It is so hard not to be judgmental and give other woman the *side eye* when you talk about raising children and caring for a baby. I know that simply because someone chooses to do things differently than us does not always mean it's wrong. And the way that we choose to care for our child doesn't mean it's the only right way, but it's the right way for our family to do it.
Weekly WTF: Deciding on baby gear!!! Both Dave and I did a little bit of research on the different options we had as far as carseats, strollers, and carriers go. We could not decide what we wanted to do. Just buy the carseat, not the travel system and no stroller and rely on our carseat and Moby wrap? Then should we get an infant carrier-carseat that only goes up to 22lbs or go for the slightly larger heavier one that fits a baby up to 32-35lbs?? Travel system? Which one? We ended up getting a travel system with the infant carseat that fits a baby up to 22lbs. The stoller is a "flip-it" so when the carrier is not on the stroller we have the option of pushing baby facing us or facing away from us.
We also go our Moby wrap in moss green per Dave's request because he also intends on wearing baby. Another "discussion" we had while shopping was the diaper bag choices. Dave wanted something more "manly" so that he wouldn't feel like a woman carrying a purse. I wanted the pinkest and frilliest girly one. An option was to both get our own diaper bag, but the thought of having to switch bags from time to time seemed annoying. I pretty much choose the travel system and almost everything else that we have bought so I gave in and let Dave pick our diaper bag. Ta da:
It is called the Stevens Baby Boom Jeep Weekender Diaper Bag. It is slightly bigger than I would have liked and it looks as though Olivia is going camping, but I loved his choice :). The really good thing about this one is that it's very functional. Lots of room, and pockets for organzing.
Milestones: We aren't quite there yet, but in 2 weeks we will finally be at the "it could be any day point."


boo Titans! How can you betray the Cowboys like that? Well, they are having a crummy season... I thought about jumping on the Packer banwagon with Jake. LOL
ReplyDelete