Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Canyon Lake and Thor's Adventures

The Jollys are in town from Georgia!  Philip is stationed at Ft. Gordon and recently got back from a year long deployment.  They traveled down to Texas to visit with family before he has to go back to work on a regular schedule in September.  Dave and I were able to visit with them in Austin a couple of weeks ago, and last Saturday my parents, Sarah and I went to Canyon Lake to meet up with the whole Contreras/Jolly gang.  (Dave stayed behind working on the nursery.)  It was gorgeous and so empty on the lake!

Krystal, Tyler and Philip Jolly

We had to split up onto two different boats because they only had two 8 passenger boats left.  We were able to turn off the engine and tie the boats together and then just hang out and swim.   It was also fun swimming back and forth between boats. 

Dad over on the Contreras' boat. 


Captain Dad


Mom had such a good time in the water!  She has been on boats tons of times before, but this was the first time she actually jumped into the lake from the boat.  I couldn't believe it!  She's scared of lakes, so I'm glad she overcame her fears :)

Sarah driving the boat.  Our propellor suffered some damage that my parents had to pay for, but it really was not Sarah's fault. 


Pregnant me.  There are some more provacotive swimsuit pictures of me in all of my belly glory floating around, but I will try and keep those private. I have no problems bearing it all while out on the water. :) Olivia doesn't like to be covered and it's much easy to swim and get on and off the boat without extra wet clothing weighing me down.  I will spare you and just not post any of those glorious pictures. 




We were out on the lake for a good couple of hours before we had to head back to Leander/Harker Heights.  On the way home we had an eventful trip.  My parent's car suffered a flat tire.  Luckily, they had a decent spare that my dad was able to put on that would take us close to my house.  Dave picked me up from the Walmart where they were getting the tire repaired.  It was such a fun day!

And in other news.....

Thor escaped from our house on Tuesday while we were at work.  "Escaped" isn't really the correct term...afterall, I must have left the front door unlocked when I left the house for my doctor's appointment and a storm rolled into our neighborhood.  The only thing that we can both imagine happening was that the wind blew so hard against the front of our house that it blew the door open, leaving Thor with opportunity to check out the neighborhood.  It's crazy because we have just begun letting Thor roam free on the first floor of our house.  This was only his 4th day of being loose.  Dave got home from work before I did and immediately knew something was up. 



Thor was in the house when Dave got home, but he said the house smelled like wet dog and there were leaves and water puddles in the entry way.  Apparently what had happened was Thor got out somehow and ran around our block terrorizing little neighborhood children.  A lady from down the street told Dave that she had found him running around.  I guess she knew where he belonged because she knocked on our door and it swung right open.  She said Thor then ran from down the street and into our house (THANK GOD), and then she closed the door behind him. 

Dave did not recognize this neighbor lady, and I haven't really met any of our neighbors, but we were very lucky that she recognized Thor!  I guess walking him everyday around the neighborhood has helped people know where he belongs as well as helped him know to stay close to home.  I almost had a small heart attack when I came home and Dave informed me of Thor's adventure.  I could not help but think of all of the horrible things that could have happened: he could have jumped on a kid, could have gotten hit by a car, could have had Animal Control called on us, could have run away and never come back.  He has a microchip, but he was not wearing his collar with dog tags.  (We prefer him naked, and they jingle against each other too much.) All is well that ends well.  

Thor was quite worn out for the remainder of the night, so we know that he got some good exercise while he was a free man.  I have definitely been much better about double triple checking all of our doors before we leave in the morning.  I felt like such a horrible dog mommy!

Thor and Dave cuddling/wrestling while the Titans played.


Thor tends to take the wrestle sessions a little too far and has to be pinned down by Dave to remind him of his place.  This used to be much easier when he was just a 60 pound puppy...now he is a 135 pound dog with a puppy brain.

1 comment:

  1. Thor sure did have quit an adventure. I wouldn't feel too bad though. The other day I got up with Kai we went on a walk and then she slept all day. I didn't realize until 4pm when she was begging that I never fed her breakfast!

    ReplyDelete