Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, June 26, 2009

Thor's Birthday, Broken Camera, New home, and Gym Membership

Thor's first birthday was on June 17, 2009! My baby is growing up and this last year has really flown by. I took lots of pictures of him and the little homemade doggie cake that I made and then my camera broke. :o( It won't allow my pictures to be transferred onto my memory card and so I have no way of getting the pictures on the compute because I have no clue where the cord is. (Note to self: look harder tonight.)

Last week was a whirlwind of a week and weekend. D & I went to San Antonio and viewed several reception venue possibilities. Went to a cake shop to look at cakes, crashed a wedding to hear a DJ we may have and signed the church papers for our ceremony stuff. We still have not decided on a reception place yet, but we have all been diligently working towards making a decision. I think on Sunday we have to make another trip down to San Antonio to view some more possible places. SOON hopefully. I have decided that we will buy the invitations this weekend and we are DIYing it. I was soooo opposed to this at first but then I found the perfect invitations for us and I think it will actually be fun to do. I may even recruit my mom & sister and have her do up half or even make a weekend event of it once the time comes.

I feel like we are much closer to deciding on a reception venue. We are looking at two more venues this weekend, possibly 3. Hopefully, this weekend a decision will be made! We are going down to San Antonio with my in-laws to be and also going to see some of the restaurants Annette has been to for the rehearsal! ***Oh I completely forgot to mention. One of the most disappointing things that I have found out while planning this wedding is that we really chose an unfortunate date. On January 2, 2010 San Antonio turns off the Christmas lights for the season and from January 3-12 the river is drained for yearly maintenance!!! How stinky! We found a great venue at a great price right over the river and then I found out all of this stuff. Now I'm not so concerned about being on the river or downtown anymore. It is okay though, because I really like our wedding date: 01/09/10 which will always be easy to remember because 01+09=10!!! Yea, dorky I know...I must be a math teacher's daughter (I am).

Amidst all of the wedding planning, Dave & I need to find a new place to live. We had been looking around to buy for awhile and then realized we weren't quite ready so now we are looking for a house to lease in the Pflugerville Area. I'm not quite sure what it is about Pflugerville, but I really like it. Living outside of Austin and commuting everyday to work sometimes feels like a big pain in the butt, but I like coming home to our little community. It is also a nice location because we are close to my parents and Daves. Anyway, we tried to do a lot of the leg work ourselves at first, but realized that the clock was ticking so now we have been working with a really nice real estate agent. We are in the process of applying to to rent one of the homes that we liked and that will take Thor (that is the biggest obstacle, finding a home to lease that will allow Thor). Hopefully, it all works out and as early as Monday we may have an idea of where we are going to live for the next 12 months (then hopefully BUY! :o) ).

Oh, and as far as the new gym goes. I joined the gym that Dave has been a member at for sometime, it is the Tech Ridge Gold's Gym. This is the first gym that I have ever had to actually pay for and join! Growing up there was always a free gym or 2 or 3 on the military base that I lived on, and then all through college it was just a part of the students fees, and even the apartment we live in now has a SMALL gym that we could use. Well with our time at the apartment coming to an end and I want to get back in shape I figured it was a good idea to join. We've been during well going regularly even with Dave starting the new job! Proud of us.

Only one more hour till the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment