Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mommy Speak

You know how they say that twins have their own secret language?  They are able to communicate with one another just by grunting or making gestures and the such, or even sometimes making up their own language.  I totally feel that there is sort of the same thing when it comes to parents and their babies!  Olivia is a talking fool these days, but sometimes I know she is saying things that only mommy would understand.  I love it because she is making communication easier every single day, but at the same time I feel crazy explaining to someone "oh, she just said 'shut the door'"  when I know what she said sounded nothing like that, but it was what she meant.  

There are a ton of words that Olivia does say very clearly, and what she is saying cannot be mistaken. Outside (her favorite), stop it please, no, yes, Thor, Oreo, door, rat baby, baby, shoe, please, walk, eyes, ear, nose, hands.  The list probably goes on, and everyday she is surprising us by the words that she knows.  I am forever amazed by what she is learning and picking up on.

Something that we have recently started doing was pointing out body parts in Spanish.  She picked those up very quickly, however, my Spanish is very limited, so sadly hers is too.  She was like a sponge learning los manos, la nariz, la boca, los ojos, la cabeza, los pies.  Tonight I taught her la luna and she loved that, she even liked saying it more than moon.



We are spending most of our evenings outside with the warmer weather.  Olivia will be a little brown bear in no time.  I'm very happy that she has not had a single sunburn yet, and the sunscreen has been doing it's job, however she has a killer farmer's tan.








The cutest little tush in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment