I have been thinking of a ton of things to write about lately, however, I have not had time to eloquently expand on them via their own blog posts. So here goes, a bunch of random thoughts.
- We are prepping this week for Olivia's little birthday get together with family. I'm very much looking forward to it. However, I'm beginning to anticipate some very hectic years in the future with her birthday being so close to Christmas.
- On Monday, as I was preparing my pump and parts for the day, I looked at Dave and told him that I was done with pumping. That morning I decided I was over it, and I didn't want to do it any longer, and then I started to cry. So, I am now saying that I will continue to pump throughout the holidays, and re-evaluate after them. I can't imagine no longer breastfeeding at this point, so I fear ending the pumping will also end our breastfeeding relationship. I know that women are able to successfully breastfeed once they stop the pumping during the work day, but what if my body can't do that?
- I was up at 2am this yesterday because I had a lot on my mind, and so much that I felt I needed to get done around the house. Our nights are incredibly fun, but busy. We hardly have anytime to do things that need to get done that aren't a part of our normal routine, so I played Christmas elf in the wee hours of the morning. I could sip my coffee and wrap presents at ease.
- I'm itching to talk about something so badly because while I feel I may need support, I'm afraid to let others know what I'm attempting, should I fail.
I was just emailing another mom about continuing to breastfeed, but no longer pumping at work. I sent her this link (I bet you've already read it, but I figured it couldn't hurt to pass along):
ReplyDeletehttp://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/weaning-partial.html
Big hug!
Susan